Mavericks Wifi Not Auto-connecting (rMBP)

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by jclardy, Nov 13, 2013.

1. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

I have a 2012 13" rMBP which was working fine on Mountain Lion. The upgrade to Mavericks went smoothly and everything works fine - except Wifi.

When connected everything works fine. But every time I put my computer to sleep and wake it back up the wifi will "attempt" to connect to my network, but fail. So I have to wait for its false attempt, then click on my home network. I have tried this with nearly all my saved networks now, from a few coffee shops, my house, my parents place and friends houses - no network will auto join after sleep or a reboot - I have to manually click on it every time. The connection is solid after that - no other issues, just the inability to join after awaking.

I just tried resetting both PRAM/NVRAM and the SMC, neither had any effect.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Any other suggestions on what to try? I won't be able to take it in to the Apple Store as it is my only Mac right now and need it for doing work, so I'll wait until I finish my current project to do that.

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

First turn off Wi-Fi. Then open System Preferences->Network, Advanced button, Wi-Fi mini-tab and delete all the saved networks. Then go back into the main Network tab and there rejoin your wireless network. See if that helps.