Mavericks, Windows 7, No bootable Device!

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by qpbeats, Jan 9, 2017.

1. qpbeats macrumors newbie

qpbeats

***I know this has been written on 100x over, and I've tried everything, I'm hoping maybe somebody can shed some light so I can stop banging my head against the wall***

Setup:
    Late 2011 MBP running Mavericks
    250GB Crucial SSD
    16BGB RAM

What I have tried
    - Modifying bootcamp Plist to allow creation of USB install disk.
    - Going thru the bootcamp process: creating usb install, partition, restart...
    - Tried 3 different USB dongles and a 1TB Seagate External HD

Successfully created an install disc with the 4 different storage devices, all of which resulted in
    "No Bootable Device -- Insert boot disk and press any key"

What hasn't worked
    - Holding the option key upon startup, does not give the option to boot the USB or anything related to the bootcamp partition
    - Installing rEIFt does not help boot from USB or anything related to the bootcamp partition

What else can I do at this point?

Is it my hardware? Does having a Crucial SSD as opposed to the stock Mac harddrive make a difference?

I've been at this for days...I'm going insane. o_O

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. StarShot macrumors 6502a

StarShot

3. qpbeats thread starter macrumors newbie

qpbeats

Thank you for your suggestion. But what does Parallels have to do with Bootcamp?

4. StarShot macrumors 6502a

StarShot

Just another method of running Windows on an Apple laptop or comptuer. I'm using Bootcamp on my iMac and Parallels on my MacBook Air. I think it's easier to go back and forth between OS-X and Windows with Parallels, but there are advantages to going with Bootcamp as well. The main advantage with the Bootcamp option is that it's free.