Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
I've been trying, without success, to use the Mac application called Max to convert my ALAC audio files to FLAC. I go to convert window and add some files, click Convert, it tells me I have to set up a format first. So... I go to Max's preferences, and click Formats. BAM! Max crashes, every time.

Last edited:

davidlv

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2009
Kyoto, Japan
I've been trying, without success, to use the Mac application called Max to convert my ALAC audio files to FLAC. I go to convert window and add some files, click Convert, it tells me I have to set up a format first. So... I go to Max's preferences, and click Formats. BAM! Max crashes, every time.
First, that is a rather sloppy title line for a forum expert :D. The latest version of Max is currently 0.9.1. :cool: http://sbooth.org/Max/ :cool:
I have had no trouble editing the preferences on my MBP, so I suspect the trouble you are having may be a corrupted preference file. Have you tried deleting "org.sbooth.Max.plist" in your User/yourname/LibraryPreferences folder?
If that doesn't work, and a re-download/reinstall doesn't either, I am fresh out of ideas. :eek: Maybe send the developer a message/bug report?

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
First, that is a rather sloppy title line for a forum expert :D. The latest version of Max is currently 0.9.1. :cool: http://sbooth.org/Max/ :cool:
I have had no trouble editing the preferences on my MBP, so I suspect the trouble you are having may be a corrupted preference file. Have you tried deleting "org.sbooth.Max.plist" in your User/yourname/LibraryPreferences folder?
If that doesn't work, and a re-download/reinstall doesn't either, I am fresh out of ideas. :eek: Maybe send the developer a message/bug report?
You see, I wasn't at my Mac at the time, so I couldn't verify the version number. :eek: I have tried deleting the preference file, and that helps... for a while. Then it starts crashing again.

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
There is always the unstable version as well but YMMV on that. Surprisingly, there is a discussion forum for Max on the developer's site. Maybe you can take a look there as well.

The program has been stable for me in the past. I am also glad that there are other users of it. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.