Max 0.9.1 Crashing in Preferences Dialog

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wrldwzrd89, Apr 7, 2011.

1. wrldwzrd89, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2011

wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I've been trying, without success, to use the Mac application called Max to convert my ALAC audio files to FLAC. I go to convert window and add some files, click Convert, it tells me I have to set up a format first. So... I go to Max's preferences, and click Formats. BAM! Max crashes, every time.

2. davidlv macrumors 65816

First, that is a rather sloppy title line for a forum expert :D. The latest version of Max is currently 0.9.1. :cool: http://sbooth.org/Max/ :cool:
    I have had no trouble editing the preferences on my MBP, so I suspect the trouble you are having may be a corrupted preference file. Have you tried deleting "org.sbooth.Max.plist" in your User/yourname/LibraryPreferences folder?
    If that doesn't work, and a re-download/reinstall doesn't either, I am fresh out of ideas. :eek: Maybe send the developer a message/bug report?

3. wrldwzrd89 thread starter macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

You see, I wasn't at my Mac at the time, so I couldn't verify the version number. :eek: I have tried deleting the preference file, and that helps... for a while. Then it starts crashing again.

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

There is always the unstable version as well but YMMV on that. Surprisingly, there is a discussion forum for Max on the developer's site. Maybe you can take a look there as well.

The program has been stable for me in the past. I am also glad that there are other users of it. :D

5. TechGuyNamedTim, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2011

TechGuyNamedTim macrumors newbie