Max Battery Life ? ? when in power reserve mode mode??

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by FrancoRumors, Apr 10, 2015.

1. FrancoRumors macrumors 6502

FrancoRumors

On cult of mac I saw this:

"If your battery gets too low, Apple Watch automatically switches into Power Reserve mode so you can continue to see the time for up to 72 hours."

How long can the watch go on a full charge in power reserve mode? Anybody have any info on this?

Based on the above quote I would say as much as a week.

Being able to let the apple watch just be a watch for an extended period of time would be a nice feature to use occasionally...for the times you don't want to be bothered.

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Which math system do you use that stretches 72 hours to "as much as a week" :D

3. FrancoRumors thread starter macrumors 6502

FrancoRumors

The quote implies power reserve mode lasts 72 hours after the battery has already been drained to a certain point. Where did you learn to be snarky?? If you're gonna be a smart A$$ try and appear to be intelligent or at least contribute to the thread while being rude.

4. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

I would assume for realistic assumptions, 72 hours is max battery life in strictly reserve mode. Like your home internet speed - read it as "Up to 72 hours".

5. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

I would have to agree with you - the quote definitely makes it sound like it gets a significant amount of extra time once switching to power reserve mode. I read it as 72 hours total (18 hours regular battery life plus 54 on power reserve).

6. Nicklaus macrumors 6502

Nicklaus

I would imagine since it goes into power reserve when the battery is almost dead, say 2% left, then gives you 72 more hours, if you activate it with a full charge it prob would last weeks.

7. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

I'm going to charge mine to a 100% and test this. You have me curious.

8. FrancoRumors thread starter macrumors 6502

FrancoRumors

Thats how I interpreted it... Im not sure if 2% is where it kicks in but even if it kicked in at 20% and lasted 72 hours that would be 360 hours of reserve time at full charge. IMO thats a good amount of time between charges if you need it to be "just a watch"... a week long camping trip maybe with no access to a charger.

9. Jd3774life macrumors regular

Jd3774life

In one of the youtube reviews I saw, it looked like it kicked in around 10%. It was someone that showed a day in life with an apple watch.