Max distance Earpods and AW4

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by vintagekeys, Oct 1, 2018.

1. vintagekeys, Oct 1, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2018

vintagekeys macrumors regular

vintagekeys

Hi All,

I plan to buy the AW4 LTE and use that as my main phone most of the time leaving my iphone at home.
    I love to skate in the skatepark and wonder how much distance can i have with the bluetooth earpods from the AW4, as i plan to stream music via apple music. i want to leave the watch in my bag when i am skating due falling lots of time.

Thanks in advance.

2. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

You better look for watch case for protection.

3. Driller macrumors newbie

Driller

It works very well except the BT strength doesn't seem to be nearly as strong as my iPhone. I have found that even putting my wrist behind my back can make the signal cut out.

4. jamets515 macrumors regular

Seems fine to me all round my house. I load Audible books on the watch as I don't always have my phone with me when I want to listen to an audio book. I leave the watch on a charge stand in the evening while I do house work and it doesn't seem to have any issues reaching the AirPods over two floors.

5. fastblack macrumors regular

Wouldn’t want to leave my 500 dollar watch in a bag at a skate park. Should just look into a rugged case to protect it while skating. They come off easy when done.

6. vintagekeys thread starter macrumors regular

vintagekeys

awesome that was the information i was looking for! so it seems to be very minimal reach, i was hoping to be able to put the Watch in my bag and grind a ledge like 2 meters from it.