Maxed out 12" MacBook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by NoCleverSNForMe, Aug 18, 2017.

1. NoCleverSNForMe macrumors regular

Hey guys,

Does anyone here have a maxed out 12" MacBook? Do you have any thoughts? Are you happy with your purchase?

Just wanted to see if there was anyone out there who has the 2017 i7/16GB/512GB model :p

2. kyle.tyrrell macrumors newbie

3. Fattytail macrumors 6502a

Just curious, but what's the rationale for getting a maxed out MB vs comparably priced MBP? Do you value the portability that much?

4. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Well, as it happens, I have a maxed out 11" MBA, (CTO), and the answer to your question is yes, I do.

5. Collo macrumors newbie

Collo

Mine is waiting for me when I get back home in Friday! I will try to let you know.

As for the reason for me to get it maxed out, I am traveling a lot and I want to make sure I don't have to upgrade too soon.

6. MotherFinMike macrumors 6502

MotherFinMike

I've been pondering a maxed out 12, but don't think the M7 is worth the price

7. SHates macrumors newbie

Had mine for a couple of months now and really love it. I use it as my main machine when I'm at work for Java and Ruby development. Wanted something really portable to make life to and from work easier as well as something I could easily take with me when I travel. So far I've been really happy and don't regret getting it over the 13" MBP.

8. NoCleverSNForMe thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you to all of you who replied! Thanks to you, I feel good. I placed my order today for a maxed out 12" MacBook :)

9. Retops, Aug 29, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2017

Retops macrumors regular

How do you find the keyboard? I have a 2015 MB (M5, 512GB) and the keyboard is not my favorite feature. Much prefer my old MBA keyboard. If the keyboard on the 2017 version is better, I would jump on a maxed out I7. I value portability, low weight, and ability to handle multi-tasking on occasion.

10. EugW macrumors 68020

EugW

The 2015 MB keyboard is pretty poor. The 2017 MB keyboard is pretty decent. It's a HUGE improvement.