Maxed out 13 inch, Am I gonna see a big difference?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by indecision, Nov 14, 2016.

1. indecision macrumors regular

Reading all these reviews and it seems like the performance isnt that hype anymore...

Am I going to see a difference in performance from my current device?

Attached Files:

2. Wowereit macrumors 6502a

CPU-wise there is not much to gain, if you are running in a GPU-bottleneck often you will notice the difference.
    You probably aren't utilizing the new SSD which is the most significant change in performance.

You could upgrade for battery, the way brighter display, weight, size, Thunderbolt 3 or maybe (if you like it) the new keyboard, but doing it solely for performance will most likely disappoint you.

3. blackberrycubed macrumors 6502a

yes, the biggest difference you will feel is that your wallet is going to weigh a LOT less for which you get a very minuscule return.

4. Eric8199 macrumors 6502a

How about coming from a base mid-2012 rMBP 15"? I know the 13" isn't a quad core, but where can I expect performance to fall on a maxed out 13" versus my old 15"? Just wondering.

5. nordique macrumors 6502a

No, you won't.

Unless you are running into GPU bottlenecks

6. Hyloba macrumors 6502

I'm having a hard time deciding whether the 13 inch touch bar version is worth it over the non touch bar version. The specs are really closer together than I thought. Would you really see such a tiny spec difference?

7. indecision thread starter macrumors regular

wtf so im spending 4 grand and im not gonna see a performance difference.

What has this world come too.

8. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

You will see a difference but it won't be night and day huge. If you were coming from an older machine (as in 2011) the difference would be night and day huge.

9. Howard2k macrumors 6502a

Howard2k

You don't have to buy it. You're only spending four grand if you choose to.

10. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Not sure the world has anything to do with it.

Why'd you buy a new computer without stopping to consider whether or not your current one met your needs?

11. indecision thread starter macrumors regular

like my current one is okay but like i haven't upgraded sine 2013 thats so long. i was a little high school kid back then.

im just upgrading for the yolo of it but like damn no performance difference is insane.

What ever my 256 SSSD kept on filling up.

12. coopercoop macrumors member

Had my eyes set on the touch bar 13 inch mainly for the performance gains not the touchbar, but it seems like its really not worth spending the extra $$$

13. Twatay macrumors member

I'm coming from an early 2011 13" stock 320 GB MBP so I cannot wait, especially after this comment!

14. sbpax macrumors member

Just get the i5 (either one) not the i7:
    http://ark.intel.com/compare/91166,91164,91167

i7 only has 200Mhz more than the middle i5 option. that's probably around 5% increase in performance, which is not worth it for the price.