Maxed out MBA 13 vs RMBP baseline for audio editing

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sephir16, Jun 14, 2012.

1. sephir16 macrumors newbie

I plan on buying a laptop for my junior year of university to mostly do audio editing via Logic and FL Studio on bootcamp. I absolutely need a 256 SSD and a light form-factor so my choices are a maxed out 13' MBA vs the baseline RMBP which comes out to 1540 (w/ 8gb ram upgrade) vs 2000 with student discounts. Also is it worth doing the 1.8 to 2.0 ghz upgrade on the MBA for another 90$?

Thanks.

2. colour macrumors regular

I guess what you have to ask yourself is if you want 15 or 13 inchs and if you want the latest technology in the RMBP or the form factor of the air. Neither have digital audio outputs unlike the older MBP's.

The graphics in the RMBP would be a lot better and the screen size and res is a bigger so that does help when working with apps that require some screen real estate.

I honestly think the air has the best form factor and design out of all the laptops, I think you may get away with everything you need with the air especially as its your junior year. Airs can become expensive and overpriced but they are the best machines apple offers IMO.