Maxfield Apple Watch L.A

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ZeRoLiMiT, Apr 26, 2015.

1. ZeRoLiMiT, Apr 26, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2015

ZeRoLiMiT macrumors 6502a

ZeRoLiMiT

Maxfield
    I didn't get a pre order but got to pick up my watch at Mayfield at melrose!
    was here since 9am and left at 2pm with my watch!

got the 38 blue and its great! I am 5'7 and have small wrist! at first was going with the 42 but this one fist great!

Attached Files:

2. JayDH macrumors 6502

Do you have any idea how long the stock will last or which models they had? I'll be in LA later this week (Wed-Sat) and was going to try to swing by and pick one up. Looking for a 42mm SS with Milanese (but any band will do). Thanks!

3. luciomaramba macrumors newbie

Is Maxfield charging a premium on top of the listed Apple retail price? Or are the prices identical to what Apple is charging?

4. CptGabok macrumors member

I just called. They said they'd reached their quota for the day, or fulfillment. Ok ever what word he used. Basically they're sold out for today, but should be getting a shipment in "sometime tomorrow." And he said they've consistently been selling out every day.

I'm considering going tomorrow morning, just not sure what's worth it. I know as recently as Saturday people were camped out night before. And they've had issues with people cutting in line a lot.

5. lollkat macrumors member

just passed around there - saw a few people camping already with chairs. But just a few - maybe five of them.

6. CptGabok macrumors member

Ugh. I really want the watch, but I don't know that I could wait more than two hours. Mayyyyybe three. Definitely not overnight. Thanks for the update! If you happen by there again...

7. qpid360 macrumors 6502

qpid360

Not sure why they're camping. Maxfield is taking pre-orders for them now.

8. freddyo82 macrumors newbie

freddyo82

I was there yesterday as well. I was at the front of the line and they started the day without any 42mm watches. They are taking orders for people that waited and got a ticket this weekend and filling them first from their shipments before offering them to new customers. I spoke to a few of the employees who were super friendly and they all agreed that they were just not prepared for this kinda release. They don't have the staffing or infrastructure to handle this kinda demand. They had multiple people that flew in from other countries just to buy the watch.

9. superbad macrumors regular

I can't ditch tomorrow but let's do Wednesday? Maybe less people would've known then?

I'm fairly certain they alot a few stocks each day.

----------

Did you place an order? What's the point then of people lining up? Weird.

10. qpid360 macrumors 6502

qpid360

They're STILL taking pre-orders. I spoke to two different reps today and they both told me you can go to the store any time and pre-order for upcoming shipments, one of which they are due to receive at 5pm today. Those will go to pre-orders first before the public. So I'm wondering why these people are camping out rather than just pre-ordering and going home. Again, the reps confirmed that if you pre-order, you won't have to line up again to pick it up.

11. CptGabok, Apr 27, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2015

CptGabok macrumors member

Weird, I wonder why they didn't mention that on the phone? I think he said something about if they don't have it in store after you've tried some on, you can place an order, but he said it'd take 4-6 weeks for it to arrive.

I could do Wednesday maybe; especially if I haven't gotten my shipping notice by then...

12. superbad macrumors regular

Would you happen to know if you have to pay on the spot for a pre-order? I would assume so.

13. Kinkade macrumors member

Yes you have to pay up front, and they give you a receipt. I lined up today for pre order at Maxfield and they said they "should" be getting a shipment later today but can't guarantee it, and they don't know what editions or sizes or colors they are getting.

They told me pre orders go before the public, and they will hold your pre order for you and won't give it to someone in line. They will hold it for you.

14. malreynolds macrumors member

malreynolds

Are they selling any watch bands? Or just watches.

15. sleepyking macrumors 6502

How long did you wait in line to get your pre order in? And what size/model did you get?

16. freddyo82 macrumors newbie

freddyo82

I did place an order for a 42mm SS SBS. They're filling the orders as stock arrives and you cannot order without having a ticket. Also the ticket only entitles you to one order or purchase but not both. They also only give out a set number of tickets per day to minimize backlog of their expected shipments or else everybody would come in, put in orders and they'd be out of stock for weeks just like apple. They did also inform me that as part of their exclusivity contract with Apple they are guaranteed priority on stock.

17. SamGabbay macrumors 6502a

SamGabbay

Also interested in knowing this.

18. freddyo82 macrumors newbie

freddyo82

I honestly didn't ask but if you call them they should be able to tell you over the phone.

19. chauberry macrumors newbie

Pre-Ordered Today at Maxfield

I got in line at 11AM, got a ticket in the 70s. Heard at 2pm all the 42mm of any style were gone. So I preordered the 42mm Milanese since my # wasn't called until 2:30. I had an appointment Friday the 24th 10am and was able to get a 38mm Milanese for myself. They haven't had anything else in stock except the Stainless Steel Milanese and various Sports. Not the leather bands, or link...
    Preorders must be paid in full and no ETAs are given although they get priority stock of even all the Apple Stores and preorders are filled in order received. I don't think they get shipments every day, but you can order/purchase 1 per person per day up to 6 watches. After 6 watches, you have to pay cash.

20. freddyo82 macrumors newbie

freddyo82

Ordered 42mm SS BSB on Sunday at 12:25p at Maxfield. They called today at 3:30p that my watch was ready for pickup!! Loving my new toy.

Attached Files:

21. andrewket macrumors regular

Why Apple has chosen to offer this exclusively to such a small store I don't understand. What about everyone else outside of LA? Are they really this hell bent on convincing people the apple watch is a piece of jewelry?

22. venom600 macrumors 6502a

I'm convinced that enough that I'm going to go down here by the end of the week and at least try to get a preorder. My main concern is, where do you park?! I looked at the store on Google Maps and there seems to be very limited parking on site and almost none anywhere else.

23. chauberry macrumors newbie

There are lots of metered parking spots or you could just uber

24. cmjars macrumors 6502

Parking is not that bad you may have to park a block away but you will find parking.