Maximise iPad Battery

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Benny08, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Benny08 macrumors member

Benny08

Hey all,
    Im Buying an iPad within a couple of days because its going to help me better with work etc.

I Was just wondering what is the best way to maximise the battery when i take it out of the box?
    Is it to charge all the way up then run it all the way x2 OR
    run it all the way down charge it all the way up and then run it down?

i did the first one with my iPhone and its lasts ages so just though i might get some suggestions.

Thanks

2. Benny08 thread starter macrumors member

Benny08

^^^
    Thanks, i looked there before my post but it wasnt exactly wat i was looking for.
    im really looking for how to make it last longer from the box, becuase if it isnt done right then sometimes u may a crap battery life span!

3. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

new batteries really don't suffer from cycle memory. just charge it when you need to. i charge mine daily whether it's at 30% or 80%.

4. xraytech macrumors 68020

+1

Just set it to charge before you go to sleep. If I had the option, I'd have it plugged in all the time.

There is no such thing as over charging today's LithIon batteries. The power management will stop charging as soon as the battery is topped off and will monitor if it needs to top off again.

Now some people will argue that you need to drain down once month to calibrate the battery with the power management. Honestly I find that unnecessary. Once and a while my battery will run all the way down because of heavy use or I forgot to charge overnight. So I use that as my calibration cycle. So basically, I don't make a conscious effort to do 1 drain down cycle every month.

Long story short, keep it simple. Just charge it everyday.