Maximize Battery Life When Geotagging?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mac In School, May 26, 2012.

1. Mac In School macrumors 65816

I need any/all tips I can get for maximizing my battery life when geotagging.

I'm going to Europe. Voice and data roaming will be off. Will it constantly be searching, running down the battery?

I'd basically like to let Geotag Photos Pro run in my pocket all day.

I figure I'll turn off Wifi and Bluetooth, and crank the screen brightness down.

I have a battery charging case also.

What else can be done?

Thanks.

----------

I also plan to toggle location services off for everything but the geotagging app and Find My iPhone.

2. robgendreau macrumors 68030

A standalone GPS logger is much more efficient battery-wise. And more accurate, although that probably isn't an issue for your uses.

I don't know how you geotag, but I found that out in the boonies it was easier to take a reference photo with the iPhone and then use that to geotag my camera's photos later in Aperture or another application. It's impractical if you are constantly moving and shooting photos, but even if you use it selectively you can save some power. In combo with turning that app on and off you can save some significant power.

Rob

3. rogerbarrett macrumors regular

Carry charger and 2 batteries. When first will end use 2nd one instantly :)