Maximize Window

Discussion in 'macOS' started by solos72, Jan 23, 2011.

1. solos72 macrumors newbie

I just recently restored my MacBook Pro and am not able to get window maximize to work. I am not sure if I was able to do this before because of software I installed before or a setting in my Mac OS X.

Before the restore I was able to drag my window to the top under the menu bar and a shadow of the window would display maximized and when I release the window it will fill the whole screen except for the menu bar. When I drag the window to the left or the right of the screen it would resize the window to fill half of that portion of the screen.

This no longer works and I have searched these forums and checked all possible settings. Again, I am not sure if software gave me this feature or is it some kind of setting.

Please help.

Thanks

I am running Mac OS X 10.6.6 on a UMBP Mid 2010

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Sounds like Windows 7 :)

You would have needed 3rd party software to do this

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Native Mac OS X does not maximize windows like Windows does. If you had that capability, it was because of some 3rd party app or modification you made.

4. solos72 thread starter macrumors newbie

I kind of figured it was other software... now to find which one it was. Does anyone have any idea what software would do this?

5. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

6. solos72 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Jolly Jimmy

I am sure I did not install that before. I appreciate the help.

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you use MRoogle to search the forum, you're likely to find the 3rd party fix in one of the many "Maximize windows" threads.

8. solos72 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks GGJstudios, as mentioned in my first post I did a search and found nothing. Thanks for helping. I found my answer it was BetterTouchTool.

Thanks for your help folks.