Maximizing Current Window Question

Discussion in 'macOS' started by davekarn, Oct 7, 2007.

1. davekarn macrumors 6502

Hey guys, just got my Mac last week and one thing is getting to me that I can't get used to, double-clicking the title bar to maximize the window. I see that there is an option to minimize, but none to maximize. Am I just over looking something, or do I just have to get used to hitting the green button (which doesn't make it big enough for me) or dragging on the bottom right corner. Thanks in advance for any info guys.

~Dave

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Here we go again, cue lots of posts about Windows way of doing things vs Mac way of doing things. :D

The green button does not maximize the window, it makes it as big as the OS determines it needs to be.

To make a window take over the whole screen you need to manually resize it.

3. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Not wasting screen space is something that takes a little while to get used to during the switch to OSX...once it feels natural, its weird to go to Windows and see all those wasted pixels...

4. davekarn thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I hear ya. I'm just so used to something taking up the whole screen, but I'm sure that will pass with time. I just have to train my hand from going up to the title bar and double clicking the damn thing! Thanks for the quick replies guys, didn't mean to waste anyone's time if I did.

5. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

read this it will help you out http://www.actsofvolition.com/archives/2004/january/themysterious

some apps do zoom to maximum screen size if you click the zoom button. mail, activity monitor, ical, toast, come to mind. this is because the developer didnt assign the zoom button to adjust to the content in the windows. by default the zoom button does maximise to full screen but apps mostly use content adjusting.