Maximizing Windows in Word 2008

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nope7308, Feb 4, 2009.

1. nope7308 macrumors 65816

nope7308

First, I understand that the green button maximizes the window to fit the contents. Here is my problem...

Word maximizes the window as though the view is set to 100%. When I use Word, however, I always have the view set to 125%. So, when I maximize the window, it acts as though the view is set to 100% and some text gets cut off.

I hope that made sense - It's really more of an annoyance than anything.

Also, why does the green button maximize to full screen for some apps (e.g. firefox), but not others? I swear it has a mind of its own!

2. nadyne macrumors 6502a

I can't visualise what you mean. Can you post a screenshot?

Thanks!
    Nadyne.

3. nope7308 thread starter macrumors 65816

nope7308

Notice how some of the text is cut off? If I had the view set to 100% (instead of 125%), then all the text would be visible.

Attached Files:

4. miggitymac macrumors 6502a

miggitymac

If you manually resize the window (look for diagonal lines on the bottom-right of the window and click/drag) you can make the window as big as you'd like. The next time you open up Word it should remember the size you set it to.

5. nope7308 thread starter macrumors 65816

nope7308

Yes, I'm aware of that.

What I'm asking is this:
    How do I set Word 2008 so that it maximizes to fit the content of the window relative to the zoom? So, if my zoom is set to 125%, how do I configure Word 2008 so it fits the content without cutting off the text?

Like I said, it's more of an annoyance than a problem.

EDIT:
    Forgot to mention... the reason why manually resizing the window doesn't work is because I alternate between zooms. For instance, sometimes I'll drop the zoom down to see how the page as a whole looks like. Additionally, I may work in landscape mode which would also require more resizing. I often resize the window to fit the content so I can write while simultaneously reading other articles in separate windows.

6. nope7308 thread starter macrumors 65816

nope7308

7. nadyne macrumors 6502a

In the Zoom drop-down box, set it to "page width".

Regards,
    Nadyne.