Maxing performance on my MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kimbo1986, Dec 10, 2010.

1. kimbo1986 macrumors newbie

I have a couple questions. Before I get started I did look around for the first several pages and did not find anything on this topic. Unfortunately I am on my phone and the search function is disabled on taptalk.

Ok so, I have a MBP (mid 2009 , 13inch) and I know there are other machines better for this, I use my Mac in my studio for audio recording. I run heavy softeware and push the processor to its peak every day. This mac is only a 2.26ghz I believe. I just upgraded the drive to a 500gig MomentusXT hybrid drive, and maxes out my ram at 8gig. I am wondering if there is any way I can OC/UV. My primary concern is for performance, and not as much battery life. I don't want to ruin my mac but I would like to push it a little if I can. I am came from a pc world where I was simply able to boot into bios and overclock, whereas im sure this would be a bit different. Either way my question is what can I do to improve my mac primarily in the processing aspect.

My other question is, what is optibay and how do I utalize it? I have several HDD's laying around I would like to make use of if possible.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Sent from my SGS-T959 running on Nero Beta 2

2. Stvwndr219 macrumors 6502

Optibay is the device which you place in your optical drive and holds a hard drive instead of the ODD. As for OC'ing... I would stay away from it as there is not much to gain with the cooling on Macbook Pros. They were designed to work in their capacity and not much above it. You may also void your warranty by doing so.

3. Frankydan100 macrumors regular

Frankydan100

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Get rid of ur optical drive and in it's place install some SSD memory! Use this new memory to run OSX and all ur apps, performance wise it should be much faster but it's not that cheap!