may be a stupid question...Help anyway?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pound4pound30, Jun 7, 2010.

1. pound4pound30 macrumors 6502

pound4pound30

So my girlfriend and I are definitely getting the iPhone 4. We both are eligible for upgrade. We are both getting the 16gb for $199. We have no credit because we are young so the account is in my moms name but we pay the monthly bill and I am an authorized user.

So the question is, would it be easier to get it from Apple or AT&T without her the account owner with us? Also I know you can reserve it from Apple but can you reserve it from AT&T? I know I could just have it delivered it but I want to be there to get it as soon as possible. (The nearest Apple store is an hour away, the nearest AT&T store is 2 mins away.) If worse comes to worse I will just order it for delivery and get it at around 3-4pm.

Thanks for any help.

2. pound4pound30 thread starter macrumors 6502

pound4pound30

3. Cougarcat macrumors 604

AT&T, I've heard that some (all?) Apple stores require the primary account holder present. You should be able to reserve it from them.

4. Tara Luvs Apple macrumors 6502a

I am not sure if it was the original iPhone or the iPhone 3G, but Apple gave me a little bit of a hard time. I am an authorized user on the account with the last four digits of the account holders social security number. I even printed papers from the AT&T website showing that I was. They still gave me a little trouble, but "allowed" it probably because they wanted the sale of two iPhones.

5. pound4pound30 thread starter macrumors 6502

pound4pound30

ok. thanks. I think I may stick with AT&T or just order it and have it delivered from Apple day of launch. I dont want to get there and them tell me no i cant get one. Id be pretty mad