Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Amethyst, Nov 13, 2007.
this time is 3.00
store not down
Beginning to think Macworld is going to be the update.
If there is nothing new today or tomorrow, we all will have two more month to wait. Damn
Apple are really starting to drop the ball.
I'm beginning to think that Apple Inc are dropping the ball when it comes to the Mac Pro. Whilst no doubt some peopl are still buyng the current machine, there a many many people who are waiting for the line up to be updated. I know of three poeple - not including myself - who are waiting.
I don't think I'll be able to afford my mac pro until after christmas anyway, but I really really want to see it arrive soon, just to satisfy that longing I feel for it. Plus it should be more easily available a couple of months after inital release, so that would benefit me too.
/crosses fingers more tightly.
3 people?!! We better stop the press, this is front page news!
Come on, Apple will release the Mac Pro when it ships. There is no reason to announce something if it isn't shipping immediately.
But by then you'd be better off waiting for the next generation
Yeah it's my understanding that the processors aren't shipping in new units until mid december, so... Apple would have had to have gotten them early to ship them in units coming out today. Unless they announced it but weren't shipping until later, but... that doesn't seem to be apple's style as of late, and seems exceptionally boneheaded in the holiday buying season.
While there are a good percentage of people waiting for the update, a majority of the people that are looking for mac pro's, aren't paying much attention to when the next update will be.
Keeping with Apple history, if yesterday was taken as a holiday then the update could be tomorrow.
Also, I don't think it is a this week or Macworld thing. I don't see why Apple couldn't release somewhere between those times.
yeah, i don't think it's happening today, but maybe tomorrow! yesterday was a holiday you know
I *think* (could be wrong, and likely am), that people suspect this week because it's still pre-christmas holiday shopping. With next week being Thanksgiving it'd be a weird week to announce an update, and anytime after that is in the middle of holiday shopping time. Generally I think companies try to avoid changing their lineups in the middle of holiday shopping as it's disruptive to consumers and not enough notice to actually make it on any gift lists. While the Mac Pro may be an exception to that, as it would obviously be a very expensive and very nice christmas present, I'm sure from a marketing standpoint it still suffers the same effects.
So personally, I do think if it's not this week, then Mac Week is the next logical choice.
Where I work, they just bought 3 new Mac Pros. I'd mentioned the close update but they had new starters coming in, so it wouldn't be possible to wait. I think the majority of Pro customers think this way. Some people that post here need a little perspective.
The majority of Pro customers do think this way. Which is why many say, if it doesn't come by xx/xx/xx I will be the current machine. However, I am a "pro" and do not need it, thus I can wait til it comes, I think we all know the latest would be Macworld, which isn't that long. Further, I do feelance work which is a little different than having a business in case you didn't know that.
But, How pompous to suggest I need perspective. I do in fact have perspective, getting the most value for my money. Personally, if I ran your business I would have tried to shift resources to allow for the next Mac Pros as those machines would give more life than the current machines. I must not have any perspective though...
Absolutely people can't work without a computer. However this is hardly an argument against (I think) the majority of high end users that do pay particular attention to the update cycle. This is part of what defines the high end user. I don't know many people or companies that want to spend 5k on machines with parts that aren't the most up to date. We're all utilitarians in this regard. Which begs the question about the computers in your office that are out of date and need to be replaced -think they'll do that any time on a whim?
If we didn't particular care about what's under the hood so to speak we'd all get iMacs because they're compact and look pretty. We could iChat and email each other back and forth and be in bliss. Unfortunately all of us need a work horse and because we do -we care very much about what we're getting and what its costing us.
btw if the mac pro isn't updated until macworld -what will be on the home page from now until then? We're not really going to have 8 or 9 more weeks of leapord?
Yea, that's what I was thinking about too Noodles. Hopefully the MacPro does get update and we get the traditoinal Holiday line up web page. And if no MacPro, then just a Holiday page for stupid consumers. ]
It's 9am here in NY. Still plenty of time for a release today. The folks on the West coast aren't even awake yet.
Let's see how the day unfolds before we start with the "Apple is out of touch" stuff...
Deep down, I always knew it would be released at MacWorld, despite how badly I was hoping for today. See you guys in 2 months
I still strongly believe there will be no Mac Pro update at MWSF. Others who have posted here are right. MWSF is a consumer show. That's where you'll see iPod, mac mini, iMac, TV announcements.
The Mac Pro will be updated. Either before or after MWSF, but not during.
You mean like the iPhone and Leopard?
It ain't happenin' today.
Well tomorrow is another day....although I am thinking its a 5% chance of getting a new Mac-Pro...What time should I wait for to order a refurb...like 12:30pm est ?
My PC died and I have to get my portfolio together by the end of the month...so a 2.66 will fly like greased lightning compared to my old rig anyway.
If yesterday was indeed considered a holiday by Apple, it is extremely likely it could happen tomorrow.
Also, all these assumptions are based on the idea that Apple would release it within days of the actual chip announcement. I don't think that is very likely...
I guess I will have to just slug it with my G5 for a little while longer. It is still a great machine but with me rendering more and more videos lately, a faster machine would be lovely. Plus I have already transitioned the majority of the apps I use (FCP Studio 2, CS3, iWork) into Universal Apps, the only one that runs on Rosetta is MS Office.
I will probably go get a Mac Mini in the mean time to just run Compressor.
We could all e-mail email@example.com .
Edit: I just did.
in the words of Nelson from the Simpsons "Ha ha"
Kinda made me laugh!