May get 3 FREE classic Macs and some extras...

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by PowerMac G4 MDD, Nov 12, 2014.

1. PowerMac G4 MDD macrumors 68000

PowerMac G4 MDD

Hey everyone,

I though I'd show you guys some Macs I may be getting for FREE soon! I don't know whether or not you all will find this interesting, but I sure like hearing what other people have come across...

So one of my high school teachers heard that I collect vintage Macs, and he mentioned that he had some in a cupboard in the back room. I went back there with him to check it out, and I couldn't believe my eyes; there were two Macintosh Classic IIs (between them one ADB mouse and Apple Keyboard II), a Macintosh LC, and some odd (European?) Apple Design keyboard on its original box---looks like it has barely or never really been used!

He said that they were there a couple years ago when he started teaching, and that he saved them. I kindly asked him if he wasn't going to keep them, and he said he could give them to me. However, they are still registered with bar codes (silly) and I need to wait until he gets permission from the school to decommission them. So I am patiently, yet a little anxiously, waiting for news back. If I get them, it's definitely going to be a great score! Hopefully they work nicely, but even if they don't, I will still be very grateful. I don't own an LC currently, although I do already have two Macintosh Classic IIs... but hey, nobody can have enough classic Macintoshes. :)

I managed to snag some photos of the stuff for fun. As you can see, there is the rear of the LC on the left side of the cabinet, and the two Classic IIs on the right side. The Design Keyboard isn't visible.

The computers are pretty dusty and dirty, but it looks as if the Classics are in nice condition! Barely any yellowing, as far as I can tell. The LC seems to have some, but nothing horrible.

Attached Files:

2. MacTech68 macrumors 68020

MacTech68

At the very least, you'll pick up some spares for your other Classic IIs :)

Hopefully the process works out and you can get a hold of them.

Your description of the keyboard intrigues me. :cool:

3. PowerMac G4 MDD thread starter macrumors 68000

PowerMac G4 MDD

Yeah, hopefully I can get them soon. My current Classic II is pristine (found it at an e-waste drive), but it has leaky caps. I washed its motherboard in the sink and now it's fixed for the long term; they should eventually leak again though. I don't need any new parts for it, unless one or both of these Classics miraculously don't have leaky caps.

Yeah, that keyboard was very interesting. I don't think it was European either... in fact, it almost looked like some funky editing keyboard or something. It wasn't one of those ones with multi-colored function keys, it just had very odd characters. Whatever it is, it definitely seems as if it was barely/never used. I am very excited for it!

4. pietrov macrumors regular

pietrov

Wow, what a wonderful discover... :eek:
    Post some pics when you'll have them... ;)

5. BJonson macrumors 6502a

BJonson

That my friend is going to be a mighty nice score.

6. PowerMac G4 MDD thread starter macrumors 68000

PowerMac G4 MDD

I definitely will! I am blind as to when I will be getting these, but it should be soon. :)

----------

:) You bet; I'll be sure to post pictures if/when I get these.