May get an iPad now. Thoughts?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BBQ BOY, Aug 24, 2010.

1. BBQ BOY macrumors regular

For over a year I have been obsessing over the MBP. I'm disappointed that the 13" didn't get the update I was hoping for.
    The purpose of my new device, whether it be an iPad or MBP is for fun, photos,web surfing, using it to view my business from surveillance cameras and some minor business applications. The biggest bump in the road I was having with the MBP was the limitation of being able to view both of my restaurants from the MBP. Now I know it can be done by installing parallels and Windows but I don't feel like messing with all of that right now. I can already do this on my iphone4 but is kind of small.
    Anyway, as far a business documents go I wouldn't do anything too extensive since I have an iMac at home and PC's at work. Iwoukd however like to be able to create documents, save them and email them. The same goes for as far as receiving them. I just learned all of this was possible with the iPad. I had no idea that they were getting closer to the MBP technology. Now don't get me wrong no know they are not a stand alone computer and the iPad does have it's limitations.
    So do any of you have the iPad? Should I stick with a MBP or just pick one up later?

2. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

Definitely buy the 13" MBP first. I have an IPad 64gb 3G, a 13 and 15" MBP.

My 2010 13" is very fast for work and pleasure, I don't notice it faster than my i7 in 95% of the tasks I do.

What security software and cams do you use?

3. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

I also would vote for the MBP. I think it will likely see less significant change than the iPad in the near term. Having said that it truly is a personal preference.

4. BBQ BOY thread starter macrumors regular

On my iP4 I am able to view it through the "MobileClient" App
    Another plus to the iPad is my wife can play on it while I am on the iMac and the kids can do their educational apps. They always have my phone in their had learning to write and such.

5. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

What's the brand of software you use to run your camera's?

6. feeth macrumors 6502

You better get both then. Once your wife and kids get their hands on the iPad you will never get to use it. :)

7. BBQ BOY thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not sure. We recently switched companies. The company I switched to is iPoint. My brother hired them so I am not sure on the software used.

8. BBQ BOY thread starter macrumors regular

I have a gut feeling that you are right.

9. rmbrown09 macrumors 6502a

rmbrown09

iPad is more of a novelty item than something super useful. It makes your dong feel bigger, but doesn't really help you in a practical sense in every way you could need like an MBP does.

and I am saving for my dong boosting pad as we speak