May I Instal Snow Leopard On Two Machines?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by BeeS4335, Aug 31, 2009.

1. BeeS4335 macrumors member

I have a MacBook Pro and a MacBook Air which my wife uses. If I purchase one copy of Snow Leopard, is it legitimate to instal it on both my machines? Doubtless a bit of a naff question but I don't want to encounter some sort of software-piracy-conflict so would be grateful for reassurance before installation. Thank you.

2. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

I think this is not legal. I guess you have to buy the family pack for $49.

Tex

3. dreamsINdigital macrumors 6502

The only thing stopping you from doing so is your conscience.

4. HawaiiMacAddict macrumors 6502a

To say that it is not legal is still a matter for the courts - just watch the Psystar case for its outcome. It IS against the EULA, however. As that is just an agreement, it remains to be seen just how enforceable it is.

5. Gregg2 macrumors 603

The Family Pack is a great deal for 2-5 computers. Of course, the Single Pack is a great deal for 1-1,000 computers. But, I'm with you. Do it on the up-and-up. Get the Family Pack.

6. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I think you might be a bit confused. Buying a single license and installing it on multiple machines is not what the Psystar case is about. Buying a single license and installing it on a non-Apple branded machine is what the Psystar case is about.

It is possible to install the single license copy of Snow Leopard on more than one machine, but it is against the license agreement. You can buy the family pack for $49 so you can install it on up to five machines that are in the same household (living under the same roof).