May or may not get a jailbreak before christmas

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by pastarojna, Dec 23, 2010.

1. intoxicated662 macrumors regular

forget the jailbreak! Gives us a damn Unlock already!!!

2. pastarojna thread starter macrumors member

pastarojna

agree.... i have Iphone 4 and i cant use it!!!! :(
    i'm using the simplest Nokia from Wallmart:( hate my life!

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sounds like it wont be done before Christmas.
    Patience.

4. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

You can update your baseband to the iPad one and unlock it...but it's definitely not something I would recommend. I get tired of dealing with people who don't understand that you can't do a normal restore after you update the BB. You'll need a custom IPSW. It's just a hassle.

5. pastarojna thread starter macrumors member

pastarojna

updating my baseband will work only with 3gs not with Iphone 4...
    that what i understood ...
    am i correct?
    or the Iphone 4 can be restored with Ipad baseband?
    thanks

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That correct.
    It wont work with an i4.

7. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

Didn't know you had an iPhone 4. In that case, I don't think you can.

8. crazytiger86 macrumors 6502

So...Pray tell, why did you buy an iPhone 4 if you couldnt use it on your network?

Its not like these unlocking devs get any money for what they do. Let alone, any money from you. Hang tight. When it comes, it comes. In the mean time, enjoy your iPhone Touch 4.

9. pastarojna, Dec 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2010

pastarojna thread starter macrumors member

pastarojna

haha ! well thanks :)

and trust me i donated many times and i'm not complaining about anything , just hopping!:)

10. intoxicated662 macrumors regular

..and what do you get out of even making a comment like that? just plain ignorance. the people who do the Unlocks can charge a fee, that's fine i'd pay $5 to get an Unlock done for ablility to use the iphone 4 on t-mobile. at&t service is horrible. We should be able to use our phones on whatever service we want that is compatible since we did pay for the phone and all. afterall, jailbreaking and what not was made legal by the U.S. government a few months back. You've gotta take everything into consideration but in a sense, you're right. Just wait it out a bit more since we've waited this long it won't kill you. Just sucks that it keeps getting delayed.

11. crazytiger86, Dec 23, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2010

crazytiger86 macrumors 6502

What do I get out of it? Well, honestly. I want to know. Why would you pay the full unsubsidized price of the phone KNOWING you cant use it on T-Mobile without relying on some guys who dont get paid to release an unlock? The Hacks forum is full of people whining about how they cant use their phone which they bought. You can easily call me ignorant...but can you say shelling out at least $300 for a phone with nothing than mere HOPES of using it is smart? Sounds like a gamble to me...and one with poor odds at that.

"We should be able to use our phones on whatever service we want that is compatible since we did pay for the phone and all." Oh? Unless you paid for the fully unsubsidized price, your carrier paid for part of it. Dont they also have a say in it, since they did pay for (more than) half of it. Even then, when you paid the unsubsidized price, you signed and agreed to a 14 page EULA saying that you understood that you could only use it with AT&T. Same with every other network in which you pay for an unsubsidized phone. You can buy a Verizon phone unsubbed but you'll also get an agreement telling you that it wont work with another CDMA network.

Also, the mere fact that you paid for something doesn't grant you full usage rights of "your property". The entire body of United States jurisprudence could tell you that. Look, if it was such a big deal, drive up to Canada, pay the $700 or so for the iPhone handset and it comes UNLOCKED out of the factory. Dare I say, that would have been a smarter use of your money. You would be paying nearly the same price and your phone would be unlocked, forever.

Also...$5 dollars? Where are you getting that? Carriers in the UK charge at least $50.

12. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

Old news!

Someone else already quoted some other third party site which also quoted comex's twitter. I guess no one can bother to actually use twitter to READ information directly from. I think twitter messages must be quoted first by other sites before becoming news huh?

13. labman macrumors 604

labman

yep Comex 1st mentioned this two days ago about the jailbreak any way have to ask about the gailbreak.

14. intoxicated662 macrumors regular

you're just assuming and made yourself look stupid. not everyone buys a phone with a contract, not everyone buys one off craigslist so it all varies. I bet you're one of those guys who doesn't mind paying for content that is KB and is actually in the game and all you're really paying for is a license to unlock the content that is on the game disc already. Drive up to canada? Right, because that would be so much easier, faster and convenient right? Uk can charge what they want, then again that is the carrier. I was stating that if someone made the Unlock possible and wanted to sell the method to each individual for $5 then I would do it. See, it's a small person developing compared to a company. I'd rather pay the person a few dollars versus paying a company alot more for the same result. Indie people always say 'support the developer' and i'm with it :)

15. pastarojna thread starter macrumors member

pastarojna

"Also...$5 dollars? Where are you getting that? Carriers in the UK charge at least $50."

Its not about the money, and i would pay even 50$ to unlock it and not to deal with all this ... At&t suck and i want to use this phone outside USA as well, i dont have any problem to walk into At&t store and get a sim with my number.. and then i'll be able to use my phone here , but i'm spending a lot of time outside of US and it would be nice if Apple or At&T could unlock it for the money...
    Anyhow lets hope that the Jailbreak and unlock will be here soon:)

16. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Donated ? To whom ?

The scam sites or the developers who write jailbreaks and unlocks ?

17. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

if ONLY apple would just make it easy to jailbreak, why oh why must they make it so difficult? It makes it's users frustrated for waiting for 1 guy to make a workaround, its always going to happen whether apple likes it or not. I really enjoy jailbreaking because of the mods to the lockscreen, usability, workarounds, etc.

it's like the government making drugs and prostitution illegal, just because it's illegal / wrong, doesn't mean people aren't going to do it.....sigh

18. noiceT macrumors 6502a

19. labman macrumors 604

labman

Musclenerd and a couple other Dev-team members has been against it since day one. but members have put the option up it on various jailbreaks. that is a donate now option they did that with Spirit and greenpois0n. Musclenerd was not the happiest about it. and Geohot has done it since he left. personally I see nothing wrong with people donating to them if they want too. Or picking there favorite charity and allowing people to donate to that. but I'd want to make sure I was donating to them.

20. declandio macrumors 6502

No they don't. O2 UK unlocked my old 3G for £0. Other networks may charge but it's nowhere near the $50 you mention. Even Orange used to unlock old Sony Ericsson's I had for £0 after a few months into a contract. The most I've ever known anyone to pay for an official unlock from a network here was £10.

21. crazytiger86 macrumors 6502

My fault. I meant Canada.

http://appadvice.com/appnn/2010/12/rogers-fido-offering-unlocking-iphone-policy-50/