Maybe a dumb question, but will Leopard have the new iLiife?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by VoodooDaddy, Aug 7, 2007.

1. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

I dont see why anyone would want to upgrade iLife for $79 now if Leopard, which we think will be out in a cpl months, is going to have it.

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

iLife is a separate product. It will not be included with Leopard.

3. shecky Guest

shecky

what makes you think iLife is included in Leopard?

4. VoodooDaddy thread starter macrumors 65816

I didnt know that. I assumed that it was incorporated into the operating system.

5. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

Separate programs, but all new computers sold with Leopard will also come with the new iLife.

6. VoodooDaddy thread starter macrumors 65816

I guess when I heard "all new macs come with iLife" I assumed it was incorporated into OSX, and not actually a stand alone app.

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

why? its a package of programs thats all. and they include it with new machines. Buying Leopard doesn't mean you're buying a new mac.

8. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

when Leopard is released and distributed with new computers, the restore DVDs will likely have both the OS and iLife on them. (that is how it is now with my Tiger restore DVDs.) however, iLife is a separate suite of applications and will not be integrated into the OS.

9. VoodooDaddy thread starter macrumors 65816

Dude, I understand ok? I didnt know iLife was a separate apps from the OS. Is that so hard to understand?

Ive only had my mac for a year. Alot of what I heard before I bought it was how great the iLife apps were. I just assumed it was a part of Tiger.

This is also why I just assumed it was integrated. There was no separate install disc for it, it just came on the restore discs.

10. willybNL macrumors 6502