Maybe a stupid question, but...

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by propita, Jul 19, 2012.

1. propita macrumors newbie

Okay, I have iCloud on my main iMac, macbook, iPad, and iPhone. I have a file uploaded to the iMac, listing the ungodly number of dads my husband and I own, trying to prevent duplication.

Anyway, yesterday I opened it on my iPhone, made changes, closed it, and it was updated through iCloud on all devices. Fine and dandy.

Then I open the file today on the iMac, have to download it since there were changes (from the iPhone), make changes--and here's the stupid question:

How do I update the file through iCloud. I'm told to upload it, but (I know this sounds stupid) how do I do that? I have the downloaded and altered file open. How do I upload this open file to iCloud? If I try to save it, the only option is "save version"?

Help with what I know is a simple question?

2. Arelunde macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

If you have documents enabled for iCloud settings, it's automatically saved to iCloud (and thus to all your iDevices/Macs) that also have documents enabled in their iCloud settings. You don't have to do anything other than to save the document.

3. propita thread starter macrumors newbie

still being stupid here

The only save option is save version, but when I try opening the document on another device, it is not the new iMac version, but the slightly older iPhone version.

And Documents is enabled on all devices.