Maybe a Stupid Question MBP Retina

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rbfinch2, Apr 25, 2016.

1. rbfinch2 macrumors member

I was wondering if it's okay to constantly watch movies on my new MBP Retina that I just bought. It doesn't seems to run hot at all but I need this computer for multiple different things. Does watching movies all the time damage the computer or can the laptop handle it?

2. JTToft macrumors 68040

Nothing you can do on the machine with the trackpad and keyboard can damage it.

3. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

Your Mac can handle that and more just fine. No reason to worry.

4. rbfinch2 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks! I thought about getting an iPad but i don't want to waste the money

5. RoboWarriorSr macrumors 6502a

I've been watching TV shows, playing games (World of Warships, WOT, emulators), movies, and more since I got mine (2015). My 2009 has probably been in worse situation encoding old DVD rips over night for my iPhones.

6. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Yes, this is a stupid question. You bought a tool to use and is worried about it. You even consider buying another tool (iPad) for this particular usage. Will you consider buying another tool (iPad Mini, Apple TV, etc.) to replace the replacement tool (iPad)? This can go on and go and will never end.

If the tool does not do what you need to do then you either (1) bought the wrong tool (2) didn't research whether this tool is capable of doing what you need it to do.

7. where is it macrumors 6502

where is it

<joke>

You want to watch movies on a Retina Macbook Pro? Are you mad!

</joke>

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If you're happy using the MBP for watching movies, then there's no need for an iPad, either one will work fine :)

9. JackieInCo macrumors 601

Before I got an Apple TV and an actual big screen TV a few years ago, I was happy just using my MBP connected to an external monitor to watch movies and TV shows on. Never had a problem with doing this and the computer never overheated or anything.