Maybe some Answers to all your macbook questions!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pandamonia, Aug 31, 2010.

1. pandamonia macrumors 6502a

http://www.anandtech.com/show/3876/intels-core-2011-mobile-roadmap-revealed-sandy-bridge-part-ii

Sandybridge Q1 2011

Better HD Graphics 2x the power of intel HD. 10% CPU upgrade and higher turbo clocks. Slightly faster ram which wont make any noticeable difference

Also Quad chips for 17" maybe?

Finally upgrade for 13" MBP CPU way faster HD GPU not much faster if any than nvidia 320m.

IF Apple can get a mobile CPU in the air then it will be same time. if not they gotta wait for Q2 for the Ultra mobile chips.

What i also see is LIQUID METAL cases instead of Aluminium. Stronger and better then current unibody shells.

IMO not worth the wait for the 15 and 17" and worth the wait for the 13"and Air.

Thats my best guess based on the new info thats out

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

The mobile Sandys will have 12 EUs instead of 6 EUs. In the GPU benchmarks, they used the 6 EU version that comes with most desktop GPUs. So, I would expect 3-4 times increase from the current Intel IGP. However, the biggest issue is the drivers. Intel IGP is already as fast as 9400M in benches but the drivers suck. If the drivers are well done in Sandies, it should easily beat 320M

3. pandamonia thread starter macrumors 6502a

intels IGP sucks, but then again all IGP's suck. no video ram means crap performance.

then again we could always see a Bobcat / Ati CPU and that would wipe the floor with intels IGP.

Personally i dont care for any laptop without a real GPU. i like to play games in mine.

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Maybe for gaming. For general use, they are more than sufficient

Bobcat is meant for ultraportables :rolleyes: AMD may be ahead on GPU game but in CPU power, Intel is and will remain as winner.

A laptop for serious gaming is already a joke