Maybe someone can help...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by BBNYC, Mar 4, 2011.

1. BBNYC macrumors newbie

I owned the original ipad with the hope that it would have replaced my MBA. I live in New York City and use the subway quite often, so the iPad was ideal for portability and instant turn on.

My biggest issue was its inability to attached multiple documents/pictures to a single email, which comes from it's lack of a file system. Is there a workaround for this issue that is elegant and not too much of a hassle?

This is the only thing holding me back from purchasing the iPad 2, I also have a MobileMe subscription if that helps resolve the issue in any way.

Kind regards,

Bill

2. 184550 Guest

While I can't speak to the ability to attach multiple documents (I've never had the need to send documents from my iPad) I know that multiple pictures can be attached and sent via email (and I would assume documents).

You simply go to the Photo application and tap the 'Export' button, select the photo(s) you want to send and then tap 'Email' in the upper left hand corner of the screen.

3. BBNYC thread starter macrumors newbie

Should have been more clear, a perfect example would be sending a pages file and a couple of picture in the same email.

4. 184550 Guest

Ah, afraid I can't be of help there.

5. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

MobileMe??? Google docs maybe? I assume though you want them all embedded in the email huh, not just linked to a share?

6. BBNYC thread starter macrumors newbie

exactly

7. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Ok, got it to work. You might need an internet connection to do this, I haven't tried it without internet.

1. Start emailing first document or photo. Once email window is open with the attachment showing, hit cancel, then "save draft."

2. Repeat for all documents you want to attach. Photos, you should be able to attach multiple photos at once.

3. Open Mail app. Go to the drafts folder. You might have to go into your email account to find the drafts folder.

4. Tap one of the draft emails, select all and copy, cancel, tap another draft email, paste. Repeat as necessary until all attachments are copied into one email.

5. Send email.

Mail app crashed once while I was doing this, so it isn't the most stable way of doing things. But when it works, it works! :)

8. BBNYC thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you!