Maybe the latest batch of 7 Plus phones is better?

MarkB786

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2016
Rocky Mountains, USA
Managed to pick up a 128 GB MB 7+ from the Apple Store this week. So far, my phone has not exhibited any of the issues documented here (still crossing my fingers). No buzz, great screen (no yellow tint), camera is fine, no diagonal lines (?), very fast, and not overheating. The new home button is a big improvement IMHO. Maybe the first batch was suspect? I do have the 10.1 beta installed.

I came from a 6S and love the MB 7+. I put it in the AmazonBasics clear case, which looks great and still lets me use the Apple Dock. Had Apple install the Speck glass using their installation machine.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 601
Mar 18, 2009
Managed to pick up a 128 GB MB 7+ from the Apple Store this week. So far, my phone has not exhibited any of the issues documented here (still crossing my fingers). No buzz, great screen (no yellow tint), camera is fine, no diagonal lines (?), very fast, and not overheating. The new home button is a big improvement IMHO. Maybe the first batch was suspect? I do have the 10.1 beta installed.

I came from a 6S and love the MB 7+. I put it in the AmazonBasics clear case, which looks great and still lets me use the Apple Dock. Had Apple install the Speck glass using their installation machine.
It's anecdotal. I received a Plus I ordered at 3:07 am on launch morning and it has none of the issues I've read about here.

sleepydinosaur

Suspended
Oct 31, 2009

I got mine Monday and its been great. In fact, it hasnt been charged since Tuesday morning and its just under 50%.

Sh+ is bananas

B-A-N-A-N-A-S

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Do you think perhaps we're insane?
Every year these threads pop up and make me anxious about the pre-order I placed and when my phone arrives it has none of the issues that are being reported. I guess we're lucky?

Same goes for the catastrophic "iOS update did X to my phone!". I've never had an issue with any iOS update either.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 601
Mar 18, 2009
Every year these threads pop up and make me anxious about the pre-order I placed and when my phone arrives it has none of the issues that are being reported. I guess we're lucky?
Yeah. Same thing every year with a couple of new variations. Granted, new phones can have systemic problems, but some of them I chalk up to excessive OCD and free time.

jtwlbz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2014
So far i experienced 6 7+ phone had all those issue. Hiss noise, creaky noise. I bet you are one of lucky ones

bibigon

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2011
Yeah. Same thing every year with a couple of new variations. Granted, new phones can have systemic problems, but some of them I chalk up to excessive OCD and free time.
It's a selection-bias issue. It's a forum for tech fans, so they're gonna be more on guard for issues. That said, I don't think it's just in people's heads; sometimes people get a dud. I've gotten a phone around launch day every year, and this is the first time I've had problems.

Reactions: Gathomblipoob

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
My Sept 24 Delivery Jet Black 128 GB has the worst screen I have had on any apple device. The absolute most yellow one I have ever seen, and I have seen them all. I stopped swapping devices for screens last year, but this one is so bad it has to go back.

Unfortunate because I don't know if I will be able to get another one until mid-late november.

TrueBlou

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
Nothing wrong with the 7 and 7+ in the first batch we received.
Do not go by what you read here.
You never, ever should, with any product. Unless there's an actual known manufacturer defect with devices, which you'll certainly find out about. Or the vast majority of buyers are reporting the same issue.

Tens of millions of devices sold in a matter of hours, days and weeks. There's absolutely always going to be a percentage of faulty devices, it's the nature of the beast. A 0% failure rate is just impossible with complex devices like these. And as we're all aware (or will find out quickly) the people with problems are generally significantly more vocal than those without.

I always ignore anything that isn't a manufacturer recall and just buy whatever I like, rarely have a problem and when I do, well, that's what the warranty is there for. (Well I always take AppleCare+ too but that's for different reasons.)

Just buy what you want and enjoy it. Unless what you want is bursting into flames, then maybes hold off a little while until they fix it properly :p

Elisha

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2006
Black 7 Plus 128gb. Built in week 39. Shipped on Friday and received on Tuesday. So far so good. Screen seems comparable to my Silver 6s Plus.

cave1238

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2012

How's the 10.1 beta, any bugs?