Maybe the latest batch of 7 Plus phones is better?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MarkB786, Oct 5, 2016.

1. MarkB786 macrumors 6502

Managed to pick up a 128 GB MB 7+ from the Apple Store this week. So far, my phone has not exhibited any of the issues documented here (still crossing my fingers). No buzz, great screen (no yellow tint), camera is fine, no diagonal lines (?), very fast, and not overheating. The new home button is a big improvement IMHO. Maybe the first batch was suspect? I do have the 10.1 beta installed.

I came from a 6S and love the MB 7+. I put it in the AmazonBasics clear case, which looks great and still lets me use the Apple Dock. Had Apple install the Speck glass using their installation machine.

2. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

It's anecdotal. I received a Plus I ordered at 3:07 am on launch morning and it has none of the issues I've read about here.

3. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Same. my 7+ is just fine also.

4. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

Do you think perhaps we're insane?

5. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Week 38 phone here. ZERO issues. Build and stability/function.

6. sleepydinosaur Suspended

sleepydinosaur

I got mine Monday and its been great. In fact, it hasnt been charged since Tuesday morning and its just under 50%.

Sh+ is bananas

B-A-N-A-N-A-S

7. Dirtydutch macrumors 6502a

Dirtydutch

Make sure you check if there's any white noise during video playback

8. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Every year these threads pop up and make me anxious about the pre-order I placed and when my phone arrives it has none of the issues that are being reported. I guess we're lucky?

Same goes for the catastrophic "iOS update did X to my phone!". I've never had an issue with any iOS update either.

9. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

Yeah. Same thing every year with a couple of new variations. Granted, new phones can have systemic problems, but some of them I chalk up to excessive OCD and free time.

10. Gooberton macrumors 65816

How do you check the week

11. jtwlbz macrumors 6502a

So far i experienced 6 7+ phone had all those issue. Hiss noise, creaky noise. I bet you are one of lucky ones

12. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

13. MarkB786 thread starter macrumors 6502

Best I can tell, it's the same very low white noise that I hear on videos shot on my kid's SE and wife's 6s. My iPad Pro, however, has no discernable white noise. Seems like an iPhone thing.

14. Kiimora macrumors 6502a

Kiimora

Absolutely issue free; pre-ordered at launch

15. miss.manson macrumors 6502a

miss.manson

Same no issues here at all.

16. bibigon macrumors member

It's a selection-bias issue. It's a forum for tech fans, so they're gonna be more on guard for issues. That said, I don't think it's just in people's heads; sometimes people get a dud. I've gotten a phone around launch day every year, and this is the first time I've had problems.

17. crawfish963 macrumors 6502

crawfish963

Same here.

18. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

My Sept 24 Delivery Jet Black 128 GB has the worst screen I have had on any apple device. The absolute most yellow one I have ever seen, and I have seen them all. I stopped swapping devices for screens last year, but this one is so bad it has to go back.

Unfortunate because I don't know if I will be able to get another one until mid-late november.

19. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Nothing wrong with the 7 and 7+ in the first batch we received.
    Do not go by what you read here.

20. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

You never, ever should, with any product. Unless there's an actual known manufacturer defect with devices, which you'll certainly find out about. Or the vast majority of buyers are reporting the same issue.

Tens of millions of devices sold in a matter of hours, days and weeks. There's absolutely always going to be a percentage of faulty devices, it's the nature of the beast. A 0% failure rate is just impossible with complex devices like these. And as we're all aware (or will find out quickly) the people with problems are generally significantly more vocal than those without.

I always ignore anything that isn't a manufacturer recall and just buy whatever I like, rarely have a problem and when I do, well, that's what the warranty is there for. (Well I always take AppleCare+ too but that's for different reasons.)

Just buy what you want and enjoy it. Unless what you want is bursting into flames, then maybes hold off a little while until they fix it properly :p

21. Elisha macrumors 6502a

Elisha

Black 7 Plus 128gb. Built in week 39. Shipped on Friday and received on Tuesday. So far so good. Screen seems comparable to my Silver 6s Plus.

22. cave1238 macrumors regular

How's the 10.1 beta, any bugs?

23. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

It's a beta; of course there are bugs.

24. cave1238 macrumors regular

Sorry to ask!!

25. MacTechnics macrumors 6502