Maybe those who pre-ordered will win in the long run afterall!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TheSpaz, Sep 15, 2007.

1. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

All of those people rushed out to get their iPod Touch's early only to find the screen is all messed up. However, those of us (such as me) who pre-ordered and have to wait may be lucky afterall!! Perhaps by waiting, we'll get iPods from a different batch (hopefully a perfect batch) and all of those people with the negative screens will have to trade theirs in for a "good one" while the people who pre-ordered will have a good one right from the start.

Just a thought.

2. ebel3003 macrumors 6502a

ebel3003

There's the silver lining! :D

3. WILLDOGS macrumors regular

4. Luigi239 macrumors 6502a

Alright, well you keep waiting.

I on the other hand am going to watch a movie on my touch. :D

5. dancho macrumors newbie

Yep, totally with you on this one, that seems to be the case for nearly everything to do with technology. Software, software updates, hardware etc. I think Apple will release a firmware fix for it soon.

6. onionperson654 macrumors regular

onionperson654

The New Apple

Wouldn't it nice for iphone buyers ($200 price drop), ipod touch pre-orderers (delay), and ipod touch retailer buyers (screen issue) to all be equal.

Hmmm, maybe then the ipod classic will stay "classic" and not work with leopard or Vista service pack one, the ipod nano will be true to its name and disappear into the empty space between atoms.

THE SHUFFLE WILL RULE.
    ---It will never have a problem with its screen.
    ---Apple decided not to drop the price.
    ---And since it is the same model as in the past, there is no delay in buying it.

Oh, how I yearn to watch...urm...listen to a movie on an ipod shuffle, to surf the internet (on a compuer) while listening to my shuffle (and unlike the ipod touch, it will never crash because I am multitasking), to add events to my calendar...well, i guess not, but nothing lost there, to never have to worry about video codeces or internet passwords or getting it scratched or having problems getting my mail or buying special shoes to work synch with.

And think of the spin-offs.
    -Iphone shuffle, you never know who you'll be calling next.
    -ibook shuffle, with keyboard, or mouse you'll never have to lift a finger- documents and webpages will just appear.
    -imac shuffle- think of how small they can get it now--without a screen.
    -Apple TV shuffle- who needs to spend money on an actual tv? Or flip through 100+ channels when you have only space for 4 and a 4 button remote? Finally, and excuse to watch Jerry Springer.
    -mac mouse shuffle- Really, One button was too much.
    -mac mini shuffle- now, with no video output.
    -final cut shuffle- make a truely indie movie with a non-linear plot.
    -Logic studio shuffle-oxymoron
    -ipod socks shuffle- mix-and match, shuffle to create (static) electricity
    -mac pro shuffle- you never know how many cores you'll be getting, if any
    -xserve shuffle- with anyone working on any document we're bringing communism to capitalism

...and of course (as has been proven)

-Apple Care Shuffle- Because you don't know what the heck your getting, when your getting it, what you have to do to get it fixed, what needs happen to return it, where to buy it, what software it plays, or what mood we'll be in, because at Apple, we just love to shuffle around our customer support.

First it was Apple Computer, then just Apple inc., now we will have the new and simplified company where all of their customers are just jumping to yell their name: AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

7. Hoopdy macrumors 6502

the way i see it, the people who bought early are all part of the testing community. they test it and apple fixes mine before it leaves the little boys hands that built it all for a grain of rice.

i'm one happy camper, even if I have to wait.

:apple: 4 Life

8. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I'm hoping by the time I get my iPod that there will be some more apps and upgrades to fix any bugs :D

9. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

:D

10. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

11. csmith75 macrumors newbie

I think that's some serious wishful thinking. What are you going to say if your unit ships on Monday?

12. wonginator1221 macrumors newbie

uh Oh

Well... Lets see. I preordered (engraved :eek:) and i checked my order status yesterday, and it changed to "Prepared to Ship" and it was already engraved.
    Oh well, at least teh screen is easy to replace.