Maybe we need some event...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bwphoto, Oct 11, 2011.

1. bwphoto macrumors member

Really any event, not necessarily where 60M people die, that breaks people out of their myopic thinking about October 14th. The world will probably exist on the 15th and you'll still be alive if the UPS guy delivers your phone then instead of Friday. God only knows how we managed to survive to this point without one. Even next week we'll still be amongst the unnoticeable few that actually have an iPhone 4s. Not unnoticed because it looks the same as an ip4, but unnoticed because nearly 7 billion (with a b) people didn't preorder one, don't know about them or don't care. Yet somehow, life goes on.

Yes, I know that mine is in Kentucky right now but if it was still sitting in a cargo port in Hong Kong it'd be no big deal. I'd use the extra few days to remember all the good times I had with my 3GS before tossing it aside for the younger, sleeker model. Maybe even watch the Lions rock the Bears, have a drink with a friend of just watch the wind blow through the trees on a fall day, happy to have ATT and won't get interrupted by a phone call whilst doing any of these things.

2. drnen macrumors regular

Eh, just a PC version of my post. I'm bored already.

3. bwphoto thread starter macrumors member

Hah I know... I had it typed up with the dreaded WW reference and then hit send only to find that yours was locked while I was typing. But I've got things to say dammit!! :)

4. drnen macrumors regular

haha fair enough. You are only going to continue to rile up the unwashed masses here at macrumors though. They dont like when their silliness is pointed out to them.

5. darthastuart macrumors member

6. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

Hah, my previous post was nuked. To be fair, it probably should have been.

I think the point is that no matter how many of these threads get posted, people are going to be people. There will always be conversations here that seem over-the-top or outlandish.

Those kinds of topics do much less harm than topics dedicated to complaining about those kinds of topics.

No one has a gun to your head (I hope). If you don't care for it, then simply back away from your computer/phone/tablet and spend some time away. The irony is that the very advice offered in these types of threads are rarely ever followed by the OP or those in agreement.

7. drnen macrumors regular

Nono, i get that... but seriously, why hasnt apple updated my shipping status??? UPS says it shipped. Should i be concerned? If i dont have the newest thing before all my friends i will just DIE ;)

8. bwphoto thread starter macrumors member

Patriot, that's a great idea. Maybe if I put a gun to my head UPS will hurry up! It'll be like a hunger strike but much faster - and that's the point, right?

I think it just comes with age / maturity / having more going on. I don't know the ages of most people on this board but I'll bet I skew towards the older side of the chart. If I was sitting in classroom, bored, and an iphone was my next big thing I'd be all over it. But for those of us with jobs and various other professional and social obligations it's a little easier to keep it in perspective. Plus, I'm old enough to remember a time when not even the president had a cell phone and somehow we still got stuff done.

When is the last time anyone used 1-800-COLLECT to make a free phonecall? My name is "I'mdonewithschoolcomepickmeup." Oh the horror... the horror!! haha

9. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

All I know is, nothing deflates my faith in humanity like an iPhone launch at macrumors. And it gets worse every year.

10. MallCop macrumors 6502

Like the reference to At&t and no calls. And yes Im reading this sitting in a classroom, bored and the new iPhone is my next big thing.