Maybe You Guys Are Faster Then Apple.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by linden, Sep 21, 2008.

1. linden macrumors regular

linden

Ok so ive been on hold with Apple for about 2 hours....And I though it whould just be faster if I asked your guys. I have a 8gb iPod touch running on 2.1. I use to be able to connect to my home wifi. But I restored one time and now it says im connected but when I try to open up a internet page it says im not connected to the internet. Ive tryed restoring several times. Forgetting the network and reentering. Oh yea. When I first got my touch I press the blue arrow by my wifi name on my touch. And the IP adress was 192.168. And some more numbers I remeber. But about ever since my iPod has been messing up my IP adress has changed to somthing like this 169.254 and so on. And this is on the same wifi connection. So maybe that might mean somthing. I dont know.

Any help is wonted.

Thanks.

2. jbsengineer macrumors newbie

169.x.x.x means you have a valid connection but you are unable to connect to a DHCP server (your local router which gives you the 192.168 address). I would reboot your wireless access point. Sounds like it's bugged up.

3. linden thread starter macrumors regular

linden

So just unplugg it for a sec seconds and put it back in?

4. jbsengineer macrumors newbie

Yeppers... If you have a seperate box from your ISP (i.e. a modem) I would do the same. Might as well give them both a kick!

5. linden thread starter macrumors regular

linden

Alright I just rebooted my modem and router and touch and well see when my touch boots up!

Well i cant even connect to the network now

Ok same story. Still says that im not connected.