Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oscuh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2007
Michigan
I did a down and dirty design for a local charity group in iWeb ... I'm not a web designer, so be nice!

At any rate, they decided they wanted to add a photo page. No problem, I tell them. I go in to add a photo page and the templates are gone! I still have some of the templates (White, Black, Kids Blue, etc) But I can't seem to locate the templates I used to build this.

I think it was called Elegant, but I can't be sure (screen cap of front page is attached.) Weird thing is that when I crack the iWeb applications package and view the .webtemplate files, the "Elegant" templates are in there, as well as several others which don't display when I go to "add new page."

Anyone have any advice?! Help!!

Attachments

• Home.jpg
    Home.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 127

yagran

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2007
Brighton, East Sussex, UK
One solution would be to say duplicate one of the other pages (by right clicking it in the sidebar) then changing its name to photo and hen just dropping your own photos to the page?

oscuh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 27, 2007
Michigan
The issue is that ALL the templates for "Elegant" are gone as well as several other themes. Even if I were to try to create a new website using that theme, there are NO pages for it. The entire theme is simply not loading for some reason.

iWeb has specific templates for photo pages that are a lot easier to use than re-using an existing page and drop photos into it. I can do it that way, but it's not the best route for me at this point ...

Hopstretch

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2006
Sounds like something has gone screwy in iWeb. I would try backing up your domain file (library/application support/iweb), deleting iWeb and reinstalling it from your recovery disks. This site walks you through it.

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
Have you tried reinstalling iLife? Though backup your Domain file first its in [home dir]/Library/Application Support/iWeb/.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.