Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stevey69

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
ok guys.. i jus recently bought a mb air from best buy.... been like 2 days... got it for 1234 + 100GC + 25 BB reward zone GC + no tax ( went to delaware) haha .... basically... I've put the battery thru 4 cycles... and its showing me that the health for the battery is 97%... is there something wrong with the battery? and oh btw for all you ppl out there ... samsung ssd + lg display.... its beautiful so stop swapping your mb air for a samsung display.... lg doesn't mean lesser graphics for all you fools out there. but anyways.... help please? thanks

steve

stevey69

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
but with every time i charge the battery... a percent off the health has gone down. and it makes me wonder why . my previous mbp... 200 cycles with 97% health.. so this is something odd and new for me. hence it makes me worry.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
but with every time i charge the battery... a percent off the health has gone down. and it makes me wonder why . my previous mbp... 200 cycles with 97% health.. so this is something odd and new for me. hence it makes me worry.
It will fluctuate both up and down over time. There's nothing to worry about. Read the Battery FAQ I posted.

technopimp

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2009
I'm with you...I'm at 3 cycles and already showing 96%. I know people say "read the FAQ" (which I have) and I know it states the health goes up and down, but in my experience it never goes back up again. I have a 2011 MBP that is already at 90%. I have calibrated it several times and doesn't seem to help. People always seem to have much better luck with batteries than I do. I don't know what I'm doing "wrong" but within a week of ownership mine have always lost 5% or more of health it seems.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
I'm with you...I'm at 3 cycles and already showing 96%. I know people say "read the FAQ" (which I have) and I know it states the health goes up and down, but in my experience it never goes back up again. I have a 2011 MBP that is already at 90%. I have calibrated it several times and doesn't seem to help. People always seem to have much better luck with batteries than I do. I don't know what I'm doing "wrong" but within a week of ownership mine have always lost 5% or more of health it seems.

Don't bother calibrating, as it just runs down the battery more quickly. Is it Coconut Battery or System Profile that is telling you that you have 96% health? Coconut Battery isn't always accurate so I wouldn't worry about it if it is still giving you adequate battery life.

technopimp

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2009
Don't bother calibrating, as it just runs down the battery more quickly. Is it Coconut Battery or System Profile that is telling you that you have 96% health? Coconut Battery isn't always accurate so I wouldn't worry about it if it is still giving you adequate battery life.

It's iStat showing 96%...I'm not overly concerned I guess, my point was just that while people say it fluctuates up and down in my experience it never goes back up, only continues to go down.

blowabs

macrumors member
May 23, 2010
BK, NYC
GGJ is right!!
Had the 13 MBA for 10 days, 7 cycles, was 97%, after this 8th cycle it says 100%..finally..coconut anyway..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.