MB AIR battery 2011

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by stevey69, Aug 1, 2011.

1. stevey69 macrumors regular

ok guys.. i jus recently bought a mb air from best buy.... been like 2 days... got it for 1234 + 100GC + 25 BB reward zone GC + no tax ( went to delaware) haha .... basically... I've put the battery thru 4 cycles... and its showing me that the health for the battery is 97%... is there something wrong with the battery? and oh btw for all you ppl out there ... samsung ssd + lg display.... its beautiful so stop swapping your mb air for a samsung display.... lg doesn't mean lesser graphics for all you fools out there. but anyways.... help please? thanks

steve

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No, it's perfectly normal for your battery health to fluctuate up and down. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

3. stevey69 thread starter macrumors regular

but with every time i charge the battery... a percent off the health has gone down. and it makes me wonder why . my previous mbp... 200 cycles with 97% health.. so this is something odd and new for me. hence it makes me worry.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It will fluctuate both up and down over time. There's nothing to worry about. Read the Battery FAQ I posted.

5. technopimp macrumors 6502a

I'm with you...I'm at 3 cycles and already showing 96%. I know people say "read the FAQ" (which I have) and I know it states the health goes up and down, but in my experience it never goes back up again. I have a 2011 MBP that is already at 90%. I have calibrated it several times and doesn't seem to help. People always seem to have much better luck with batteries than I do. I don't know what I'm doing "wrong" but within a week of ownership mine have always lost 5% or more of health it seems.

6. KPOM macrumors G5

Don't bother calibrating, as it just runs down the battery more quickly. Is it Coconut Battery or System Profile that is telling you that you have 96% health? Coconut Battery isn't always accurate so I wouldn't worry about it if it is still giving you adequate battery life.

7. technopimp macrumors 6502a

It's iStat showing 96%...I'm not overly concerned I guess, my point was just that while people say it fluctuates up and down in my experience it never goes back up, only continues to go down.

8. blowabs macrumors member

GGJ is right!!
    Had the 13 MBA for 10 days, 7 cycles, was 97%, after this 8th cycle it says 100%..finally..coconut anyway..

9. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Coconutbattery shows that I'm at 103% Capacity after 3 cycles, which is awesome lol

10. stevey69 thread starter macrumors regular

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i hope this solves by itself. maybe a trip to genius is much needed?

11. blowabs macrumors member

what is that top long blue and black widget?? thx

12. mikeylikesit macrumors member

Seems irrelevant to your battery issue.

13. stevey69 thread starter macrumors regular

thats the stat pro widget thats showing the battery health

14. stevey69 thread starter macrumors regular

yep i know it is.