MB Air display wont work problem.. Pulling my hair out..

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bradcsti, Feb 23, 2010.

1. bradcsti macrumors newbie

hey i have a problem with a macbook air rev. a that was just given to me. it had the broken hinge/LVDS cable, along with the lcd. I just bought all these parts new and installed them, along with a clean install of snow leopard. The problem is that the laptop will boot up until the blue screen and then load the desktop backround picture, but will then freeze up and do nothing. ive tried with the snow leopard disc in (except the image on a usb drive), in safe mode, and every other button combo at startup, and the same thing happens everytime. But for some reason if i unplug the LVDS cable from either end the computer will boot up just fine(plugged into an external monitor). it is super frustrating being forced to use a macbook air only with an external monitor, and i just cant for the life of me figure out what is wrong?!?! any help would be super appreciated.

-brad

2. bradcsti thread starter macrumors newbie

no body here has ever had this problem?

i just tried a new logic board, a new LVDS cable, and a new LCD, and still have the same results... A macbook air that will boot to an external monitor if i unplug the lcd, and if i leave the lcd plugged in, the computer will bong on startup and then just sit at a white screen and not load or do anything!!

Any help at all here I would love to hear what anyone has to say.