MB Air Early 2015 Screen question

thedru13

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
So I just got a Early 2015 macbook air 1.6ghz intel core i5 with 8gb ram. I have noticed and maybe its cause my personal laptop is a macbook pro with retna screen that the screen on the Air is a bit fuzzy. I dont have the LG screen so couldn't do that one hack I read about. I have tried a few other things but the font on the screen looks fuzzy to me and not sure if there is a way to improve the display quality. Was looking to see if any one might have any suggestions. Thanks

Rok73

macrumors 65816
Apr 21, 2015
Planet Earth
The display is pretty much the same as it has been for years. If you want a crispy screen buy a retina MacBook/Pro.

Pollewop

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2015
Zug, Switzerland
... maybe its cause my personal laptop is a macbook pro with retna screen...
Here's your answer. Indeed there is a distinct difference between the MBA- and the Retina- screen quality. I do not know any tweaks that will get the MBA screen quality just near that of a Retina screen. Adjustment possibilities are very limited.

thedru13

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2014
Thanks for the replies. Just wasn't sure if there was a way to make the screen a bit sharper. The font just looks fuzzy to me. I would have gone with the Macbook air retnia but my company gave me the laptop for work so not much I can do to change it.

Johnny365

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2015
I just tried that, and it made my black levels look dark blue, etc, so I changed it back to my old profile.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.