MB Apple Refurb (2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo) What's wrong with it?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by HastaLaVista, Jun 21, 2008.

1. HastaLaVista macrumors member

I am a recent Apple convert, a little over 30 days into my MBP 15" 2.4 GHz and love it.

My daughter is looking to get a laptop (she's actually going to pay for it herself with all her babysitting money, no free ride here ;-) and we've been looking at the MB Refurbs.

This particular one (or at least the model) has been listed for a number of weeks now. She would rather have a 2.1 GHz, mainly because it is $849, but we've not seen one pop into the refurb site in the past two weeks.

I've been thinking of breaking down and ordering this one for her and 'gifting' the difference, but am a bit skeptical as the "good deals" come and go rather quickly out there and I just want to make sure that there isn't some reason why this particular model doesn't seem to want to move. . .

Thanks in advance and here's the link:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?nplm=FB062LL/B

2. iknowyourider macrumors 6502a

iknowyourider

Nothing is wrong with it. It is awesome. The white ones don't disappear quickly.

3. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Probably precisely for the reason that the $849 is the cheapest. Many refurb shoppers are "price sensitive". ;)

4. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

What's wrong with it? Like the song says, "absolutely nothin' huh!"

Refurbs are a great way to save a bundle off of new.

5. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

my mac is a 2.2 ghz macbook bought off the apple store as a refurb a couple of months ago. It did have one problem - the trackpad felt "mushy" when used. But apple took care of that under warranty no problem, and it's been exactly like new other than that. Oh, and it came with 1 GB more RAM than they said it would. woo hoo!

6. heatmiser macrumors 68020

I don't know why you'd think there'd be something wrong with one model and not another due to this reason. It's like thinking the 17" MBPs are all defective since they're almost always there... :^)

7. HastaLaVista thread starter macrumors member

Thanks all,

I meant more of what is wrong with the model in general. In my original post I mentioned that I have a refurb MBP, I'm fine with refurb. I was just concerned if there were known problems with the 2.2 GHz model in general.

I've been watching the cheaper and more expensive models come and go at a rapid pace (well, the more expensive models at least). I guess this one will be 'going' soon when I place the order ;-)

It doesn't sound like there is any glaring concerns with that model.

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Also you should account for the fact that a lot more people buy the white one, so in turn more white ones are returned and more white ones are available at the reburbished store; so no issues--besides, why would Apple sell defective products, they would end up having to either give the buyers another machine or repairs.

BTW, this is the 2.1GHz: http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?nplm=FB402LL/A I'd be honest here, and it's be nice gift to spend that extra $50 for the 2.2GHz and Superdrive.

9. HastaLaVista thread starter macrumors member

I forgot the obvious. They had many in stock!

I ordered the 2.2 earlier this afternoon and it is still showing up in the refurb store which means (to me at least) that they had a quantity > 1. . .

So it is possible (and likely) that people have been ordering that model and they have had enough stock to keep the listing on the refurb site.

Thanks all.