MB as desktop not waking from sleep?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by douglas, Mar 5, 2008.

1. douglas macrumors member

I just received my refurb Blackbook 2.2 - great deal (updated to 10.5.2, +4GB of ram from CanadaRam). I have given my trusty MIni G4 1.5 to the kids, and now am using the Blackbook as a desktop replacement in the office (MS Office, iLife, etc.) connected to a DELL 2005FPW monitor. A couple of questions:

• when MB is in clamshell mode and I try to wake from sleep with the keyboard or mouse it doesn't work- I have to open the MB lid to wake. Is there a fix for this? Searching the forums I see others with similar 'wake form sleep' problems and no clear solution.
    • I plan on using the MB as a desktop 95% of the time for now. Should I remove and store the battery while the MB is plugged in?

Cheers.

2. Antimatter macrumors regular

I would like to know about the monitor as well.

About the battery, leave it in. I have heard some reports on here that your MacBook won't run at full power with it out. So just leave it in, it won't hurt anything.

3. douglas thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. Regarding waking form sleep with the external monitor, I unplugged all my peripherals (external HD, mouse, and monitor), and sleep worked fine on the MB. Then I reconnected the peripherals one by one and voila, now wake from sleep is as it should be.