MB Battery Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Palmer, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Palmer macrumors member

I am having a problem with my Macbook.
    I charge up my battery to 100% and unplug the power cord and my Mac turns off and will not turn back on unless I plug the power cord back in.
    So I think I need to get a new battery, however I am not sure that the battery is bad. Can there be something else wrong with my Mac or is it just my batter?
    Also what is a good site to by a Replacement Battery from?

Thanks

2. Satori macrumors 6502a

Satori

Have you tried using the system profiler to check your battery health?

3. eman macrumors 6502a

Borrow another macbook battery from someone else and try it in your macbook and see if if it fixes your problem.

4. SisterRay macrumors regular

I have been having a similar issues when I have trying to calibrate my battery. I found when on the battery alone, it was shutting down without warning at 17% and more recently 30%. I noticed that when it shutdown, when I pressed the button on the battery two lights appeared. I removed the battery, replaced it. The laptop would start and close down once the desktop appeared. I tried this numerous times, eventually it booted and stayed on long enough to show the battery was at 0%. I am hoping this has recalibrated it correctly.

I have left it uncharged overnight and am now recharging it, however it seems to e staying on 0% for quite a while.

I will let you now how I get on to see if it charges correctly.