Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CrEsTo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 23, 2006
Australia
Just bought a MB a couple of days ago.

I just can't make it join my home Network, it detects the network but it refuses to join.

Downloaded all the available updates and still not working.
Disabled the network security and still nothing.

My gf's MB works perfect on the same network....

Any ideas?

Gee

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2004
London, UK
Just bought a MB a couple of days ago.

I just can't make it join my home Network, it detects the network but it refuses to join.

Downloaded all the available updates and still not working.
Disabled the network security and still nothing.

My gf's MB works perfect on the same network....

Any ideas?
Do you get any kind of error message, or does it just not work? Does it work on other networks?

im_to_hyper

macrumors 65816
Aug 25, 2004
Pasadena, California, USA
Do you have a password on your network that you are forgetting about, or perhaps type in incorrectly? I know this has happened for me before... I may have entered the wrong WAP password, but it still shows it works.

CrEsTo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 23, 2006
Australia
Thanks for your clues guys.

The problem was solved changing the Wireless Channel from 6 to 5. I have no idea what was wrong, I even disabled the wireless wep password but still couldn't join the network.

But it's working fine now
:)

im_to_hyper

macrumors 65816
Aug 25, 2004
Pasadena, California, USA
Well then: that's good to hear! I don't think I've heard of that issue before... cool that you got it working, although I would look into another router soon, or do a firmware update to the one you have, so that you don't need to go through this trouble again.

I can't believe I didn't say that the first time: doing a router firmware update helps solve problems lots of the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.