Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EllieeeB710

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 28, 2011
Hello,

I have 2010 White unibody MacBook and have found recently that although the battery charges fine, the LED is very temperamental and is only lit sometimes (this is not at a specific time e.g. battery 100% full). Is this something I need to worry about or is the charger OK to use? Ideally I don't want to fork out for a new charger.

Thanks

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I have 2010 White unibody MacBook and have found recently that although the battery charges fine, the LED is very temperamental and is only lit sometimes (this is not at a specific time e.g. battery 100% full). Is this something I need to worry about or is the charger OK to use? Ideally I don't want to fork out for a new charger.
It's normal that your battery may not charge between 93% and 99%. Also, see the link for troubleshooting MagSafe adapters at the bottom of the CHARGING section of the following link. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.