MB display update next revison?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by asphyxiafeeling, Jun 5, 2008.

1. asphyxiafeeling macrumors regular

asphyxiafeeling

the macbook's display hasn't been updated since it was released back in 06...

don't get me wrong, it's pretty good. but compared to the MBA and MBP, the MB's display kind of pales...

do any of you believe that apple will up the ante and put the MB's display on par with their other notebooks? my inital guess would be no, since they've gotta give the MBP some other real perks outside of dedicated GPU, but i'm still curious on everyone else's opinion. has there been any rumors regarding this? (i did try and look myself first, but i had no luck)

perhaps this will influence some of the "BUY NOW OR WAIT???" people's decisions? anyway thought it was worth asking.

2. illidian macrumors 6502

The LED screen, presumably, will be of better quality, yes.

3. David G. macrumors 65816

Here is a front page article about LED backlit LCDs for the MacBook. LINK

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Considering the MBP is the prosumer line and it's still not cost effective to bring a 1680x1050 17" LED panel, I don't see how it's cost effective to bring a 13" LED panel to the MB.

5. illidian macrumors 6502

Because prices for LED screens may vary greatly between a 13.3" screen and a 17" model?

Apple doesn't make their own screens - they don't have control over the prices and technology. They are at the whim of other manufacturers in this regard.

6. asphyxiafeeling thread starter macrumors regular

asphyxiafeeling

i know it's wishful thinking, but...

it'd be awesome if we got LED backlights with Montevina in july :rolleyes:

if not, oh well. my next hope would be just for multi-touch, X4500, maybe a new look? :D