MB internal right speaker issue.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cornelia, Jul 3, 2007.

1. cornelia macrumors newbie

I have MB 13 2.0 for three months. About two weeks ago when I was using my MB I heard a strange noise (like a tractor) from my right internal speaker. It was before the 10.4.10 update but the signs are the same. When I plugged on my headphones everything is ok, when plugged off sometimes the noise is immediately on and sometimes after few minutes or longer or when I do some action or click somewhere. I reinstalled system, did all updates but it still doesn't work property.
    I run SuSe LiveCd but the audio system wasn't installed so there wasn't the noise. So I guess it's a software problem. Anyone knows what's wrong?

2. kolax macrumors G3

If you reinstalled OSX how did you come to the conclusion that it is a software problem?

Could be a dodgy connection the speaker. I'd take it to your nearest Apple store and get them to have a look.

3. cornelia thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, AppleHardwareTest didn't show any errors. Everything else is ok. I can't go to Apple Center beacuse I bought MB in USA and now I'm in Poland and I don't have all papers and whithout them our polish SAD won't take care.
    Do you know how to turn the speaker fully off.

4. kolax macrumors G3

5. cornelia thread starter macrumors newbie

Right, but it doesn't work. Maybe in some advanced preferences like com.apple.audio.DeviceSettings or somewhere but I don't know how. Anyone knows?

6. kolax macrumors G3

If it's only 3 months old, take it back to Apple and get them to fix it.

Why disable speakers because they are possibly bust when you can get them repaired for free.