MB Kernal Panic (Switched Ports, Worked, Now Nothing)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by smileanddial, Jun 22, 2007.

1. smileanddial macrumors newbie

I am finding myself pounding my head aginst the wall on this one. I had bought my MB just over a year ago and when I started to get my first Kernal Panics about 2 months ago, I would simply restart and everything would be fine. Then they started to increase over the next two weeks until I could no longer just restart my computer. I took advice from this forum and switched the RAM ports and everything was sunshine and lollipops once again.(Thank you everyone for your input!)

About 3 weeks ago I started to get the Kernal panics again and found that if I switched the ports again that I could breathe life into the MB once again. Now for the last week or so this has not been the case and I have tried everything under the sun (and moon) to get my little buddy to come back to the light.

I have tried to use the Hardware Check from Disk 1 but when I hold down Command and select the disc option I get the Kernal Panic once again.

I once again fall back on the expertise of this forum and hope that somebody can shed some light on what they think may be happening.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

It's a hardware problem. Do you have AppleCare? If so, take it back to have Apple fix it for you. Otherwise, try a different stick of RAM in the machine if possible. :)

3. smileanddial thread starter macrumors newbie

I went out this weekend and bought 2 RAM sticks... still nothing...

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

It might be a dodgy RAM slot, in which case Apple'll have to repair it for you. :eek:

5. smileanddial thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright then... I'm off to the Apple Store... To Be Continued...

6. smileanddial thread starter macrumors newbie

Turned out it was the Heat Sync... Cost almost as much as my MB when I bought it new. Good thing for Apple Care.

Thanks Everyone!

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Wow! I'm glad it eventually got sorted out for you. :)