MB Keyboard issue in Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by thwaitsey87, Sep 16, 2007.

1. thwaitsey87 macrumors newbie

Hi guys - I'm sure this has a simple solution but I can't for the life of me figure out what it is

I'm new to Macs and have an Intel Macbook (2GHz processor, 1GB memory) which I bought in May this year. It runs using Tiger OS.

It has been working fine up until a few days ago: when using Safari, I can no longer scroll up and down a web page using the keyboard arrow keys. I tried using the keys in Firefox and they worked fine. The trackpad is still scrolling ok in Safari too.

I have looked through the Safari preferences and there doesn't seem to be a relevant option to correct this issue. Also, restoring defaults in the keyboard shortcuts in system preferences does not appear to have an effect on this issue.

Please would someone guide me through how to correct this - it's suprisingly annoying!

Many thanks in advance :)

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Try opening Disk Utility, choosing your HD, and clicking 'Repair Disk Permissions' :)

3. thwaitsey87 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your quick reply!

Unfortunately, I tried what you said, and reopened Safari but it doesn't seem to have helped :confused: