MB late '08 battery "tab" missing after Apple store upgrade

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by skorpien, Oct 23, 2008.

1. skorpien macrumors 68020

Hey all,

Got a nice new 2.4 MB w/ default specs from our Apple store on Saturday. Wanted to originally get 4 GB RAM, but they didn't have it available then. I went back today and was lucky enough to get a great Apple employee that allowed me to pay only the $150 upgrade charge instead of the full price and I was ecstatic. Everything went great and I got my MB back the same night, but when I went home and opened up the battery compartment, I noticed that my MB's battery was missing the plastic tab that helps with pulling it out (and I know it was in there before it went in). I can still get it out but it's a bit of a pain in the arse to do so. Should I ask for a different battery or should I just not bother? Yes I realize I'm being a bit anal but I just want everything to be perfect with my new machine. Thanks!

2. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

Thats normal.

They have to take the tabs out to do the install.

Newer models should not have the tabs in the first place... last minute design change.

3. skorpien thread starter macrumors 68020

Are you sure? I'm talking about the plastic tab that's connected to the battery that makes lifting it out easier (see page 36 of the User's Manual). There's also a similar tab on the hard drive for the same purpose. They were both on there before the install, but after only the tab on the hard drive remained. It's just weird that they'd remove the battery tab and keep the hard drive tab in place. And as far as having to remove it to do the install, I don't think so. Since the tab's attached to the battery, it comes out when you take the battery out too.

4. duffyanneal macrumors 6502a

duffyanneal

Just go back to the Apple Store and explain. I think the other poster is confused. :)