MB or MBA?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MichiganMan, Oct 29, 2008.

1. MichiganMan macrumors newbie

Hi all, posted this in another thread but I thought I'd break it out to get some more feedback.

I'm trying to decide between a MB and a MBA. Work has told me to choose a laptop and I'd either go with the 1.86 MBA or the 2.4 MB upgraded to the 4G RAM and the SSHD.

I really have no need for an optical drive, and dont care that much about the other ports, and I usually bike or walk to work so the lesser weight of the MBA would be good, on the other hand the extra processing power and new trackpad on the MB would be nice. Most of the work on it will be surfing the internet, SSHing into remote servers, and giving presentations, with a bit of visualization work as well. Any suggestions?

2. lasuther macrumors 6502a

3. yoppie macrumors 6502a

Either computer would work for you. However, if it were my money, I would go with the MacBook...better bang for the buck.

4. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

I'm not sure what you mean by "visualization work," but it sounds like you don't really need the extra power. Personally I'd go for the portability, but it's an individual call. Only you know for sure.