MB or MBP-$1900 budget

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by aditghai, Feb 21, 2008.

1. aditghai macrumors regular

aditghai

Hi
    I know this questions is asked almost every second but i need some advice in choosing a laptop.

Heres the deal
    I like the MBP because the Aluminium Casing and bigger screen. I like the trackpad on the MB more than the MBP and the keys on the MB are so much better.

I just watch movies, surf the net, do some schoolwork, look up stuff on the net for schoolwork etc.

Which one should i buy-I Macbook Mid Model or MBP low end model?

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

A US$1,699 refurbished Macbook Pro might be a sweet spot for you. Do you game or do any 3D work?

3. aditghai thread starter macrumors regular

aditghai

No I dont game or do any 3D work. I have a gaming console and never do any 3D work. It would be fun to make a movie using iMovie but no, nothing serious.

4. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Well when I was in college, I liked the macbook for its portability over the Macbook Pro. So if I were in your shoes, I'd probably buy a Macbook, then max out the memory (not through Apple!), and keep the change.

5. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

6. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I think a macbook would be better because you won't be doing anything that really requires the pro over the regular macbook, and your budget is really tight if we're talking mbp.

Since you always want to have a certain amount of "spare change" when buying a computer (you never know if you'll need some software within a month or if you decide you want a new mouse, case, etc) I think the macbook just makes more sense. :)

7. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

If you don't care about the smaller screen size, the MB is a great machine.

For me, I think the larger screen is worth a premium - the other MBP features don't hurt either - as long as you can afford the premium...