MB or MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by SgtDuty, Sep 15, 2007.

1. SgtDuty macrumors member

I am having trouble figuring this out, bouncing back and forth, I am looking at the Black MacBook or the 15 in. MacBook Pro (2.2 ghz). Now I have a iBook g4, and its just not cutting it, I went cheap and now I'm going for the best. Now I'm going to school, and loging onto a wifi network, itunes, chats, word processesing, internet, gaming, and anything else that comes my way, I like the macbooks and the macbook pros, but is the MacBook really that much slower than the macbook pro? Can someone please help me out, plus does anyone think that they will get updated very soon?

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

The MacBook is now a fairly old design. CPU-wise its similar to the MBP but GPU-wise, and this is vital for games, it is woefully behind. Like about 20 times slower. If you like to play games on your laptop, the MBP is your only choice.

3. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

I had 4 macbooks total and now a MBP, I will never go back to a macbook :)

4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

I forgot to mention. If they do update the MacBook, the likely GPU will be the Intel X3100. This is only 10 times slower than the one in the MBP. :D

5. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

Started with a 15'' Powerbook, went through 2 Macbooks, and couldn't do it. Cheap plasticky feel, felt like an iBook, less power, and for me, aesthetically, MUCH LESS SEXY. :D Therefore, I'm on my 2nd Macbook Pro, and loving every minute of it.

6. SgtDuty thread starter macrumors member

Alright, so when do you think the MacBook Pro will be updated, bc I don't know how long I can still manage on this iBook!! Its good and all but using my friends MacBook Pro, know beside the fact that it has 4 GB of ram, its crazy how slow mine is, and I was thinking of getting into some Battlefield 2142 but idk yet, still for $500 it sounds like ur getting a lot more

7. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

i have had my MBP now for 4 months. and it is by far the best computer i have ever had. Thin clean design the silver is just beautiful and the screen appears much larger than 15" dude to the minimal amount of plastic around the screen. Its just great.

macbooks are nice as well. they are portable well designed and simply a mac.

however if you are going for the best of the best go for the MBP. 15" 2.4 GHz 2GB although much more in price than the mac books its well worth it. especially if they end up updating them within the year. the speed and memory will carry you far and you will get your moneys worth. plus the macbook pro seems more like a desktop and a laptop, more sustainable. if that makes any sense.

wait til October. see if they introduce new macbooks. if anything wait for leopard. ( i wish i had)

good luck