MB or MBP..

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Illustrial, Nov 5, 2009.

  1. Illustrial macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 29, 2010
    #1
    Hello.

    I recently decided against getting one of the new iMacs, mainly because I do need portability.

    I currently have enough money to buy a MacBook and will be buying one around Christmas time.

    But with the expected MacBook Pro updates rumored to be happening around January/February, I'm just wondering if it's worth waiting.

    I'm not really a huge fan of the white MacBook and really like the aluminum enclosure of the MacBook Pro. But considering it costs around $200 for roughly the same specs (13") it really isn't worth going for the MBP.

    Does anybody have any ideas if it will be worth waiting to see what happens to the MBP line (price reductions, spec bumps etc.) because at the moment, I'm debating wether to pay $200 more for a nicer enclosure, a few extra slots and a backlit keyboard.

    Thoughts please?
     
  2. Hellhammer Moderator

    Hellhammer

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    Location:
    Finland
    #2
    It's definitely worth waiting. MBPs are going to get brand new Intel CPUs, Arrandale, and it will be worth it. New 32nm tech, Turbo, Hyperthreading.. Everything you can hope for! Also new GPUs are likely along with bigger and cheaper SSD options.
     
  3. rusty2192 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2008
    Location:
    Kentucky
    #3
    I would go Pro, but wait a while

    I bought the original aluminum unibody MacBook when it first came out (October 2008). It was later that they changed a few things and renamed it as a Pro. I will just say that I love it. My fiancé has a whitebook and everytime I pick it up I miss my aluminum unibody. They just feel so much better put together and sturdier. However, with the new white unibodies, this may be as big of a deal anymore.

    If I had to do it again, I personally would pay the extra $200 for the aluminum alone. However, if you can, I would wait until the revisions to get anything. That waiting sure does really stink though.
     
  4. ditzy macrumors 68000

    ditzy

    Joined:
    Sep 28, 2007
    #4
    If you can wait, you should wait. It's only a few months now, and you'll get a better computer for the same money.
     

Share This Page