MB Pro 13" 2011 i5 problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by edgewave, Apr 13, 2012.

1. edgewave macrumors newbie

Hi guys,
    I have serious problem, after using my macbook for 1/2 year it become significantly slower, something is making high CPU load (80-85percent) i had lion with all updates, and in activity monitor the sum of visible tasks which causes CPU load is only about 10-15percent, whole macbook is slow as old typing machine, even my iPhone is faster, my friend told me to reinstall to Snow Leopard, so I did it, but still, high CPU load, and sum (of course i sorted by the highest CPU load to low) is about 10percent and 80percent CPU load "nowhere" everything slow as old typing machine, need advice. However the RAM memory is used properly (the sum of memory usage corresponds with which activity monitor showing). Im confused because i thought thats maybe some virus, but after reinstalling to Snow Leo same problem. Thanks.

2. Ccrew macrumors 68020

You have Activity Monitor set to show "All Processes" or just yours?

When you did the reinstall, did you restore from a Time Machine restore? If so you could have unintentionally restored whatever issue is causing the problem.

3. edgewave thread starter macrumors newbie

Of course i show all processes and I did a clean reinstall (without time machine restore) just few minutes ago, this problem occur last evening. And I dont really know what could cause it. If i dont solve it i will put it in the applestore it still under warranty.

4. Ccrew macrumors 68020

Not everyone does, which is why I asked :)
    I'd do a surface scan/hard drive check personally. Hard drive is possibly on it's last legs, and it'll frequently show up as poor performance/freezes. You can rule it out if nothing else.

5. edgewave thread starter macrumors newbie

I did S.M.A.R.T. and it was fine, i will send screen what actually shows the activity monitor, now it shows kernel_task above 300percent, what the f is it? xX

----------

URL TO IMAGE-IMG toowidthso as you see,..i dont really know what i should be o_O i think i did all I can,..maybe update UEFI? (if it even possible,..i dont knwo, im not that good macexpert)

6. macmastersam macrumors 6502a

what about RAM? are you always out of ram easily?