MB Pro 13" and Ipad 2

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by applemike68, May 5, 2011.

1. applemike68 macrumors regular

Hi all,

Just curious to see how many have a apple laptop and and Ipad. Work just bought me a MBP last week and I already have a Ipad 2. Just trying to justify the two, maybe I sell the ipad 2 because I have to keep the laptop. By the way, I love both of them...I use the Ipad 2 for reading books, magazines etc...

Thanks for the comments or thoughts...

2. AbyssImpact macrumors 6502a

Sell the Macbook Pro and keep the Ipad 2.

3. Amerabian macrumors regular

Keep both and buy yourself an iPhone 4 to complete the set.

Go to a modern furniture store and get a small home office set.

Enjoy life! :D

4. xxBURT0Nxx macrumors 68020

xxBURT0Nxx

well i have a 15" pro... had an ipad 1, then got the ipad 2. I honestly wasn't using it that much... between having an iphone and a mbp, it just never saw that much use so i gave it to my grandma.

Now i'm considering trading in my mbp and getting a new imac and a macbook air... love the small size and portability and i honestly don't need that much power on the road so i'm thinking the mba will be awesome as a portable and have the power of the imac at home!

Hope that gives you some insight, but remember everyone has different needs!

5. applemike68 thread starter macrumors regular

feeling the same way, forgot to mention that I also have a Iphone 4 along with the Ipad 2 and MBP. I love this MBP plus the company bought it. I guess i could sell the Ipad 2 and buy the new imac for home..Not sure, I guess a good problem to have. Again, just curious what others thought.

6. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

7. jvmxtra macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

I have mbp 15 2011, mb 13 2009(wife) and ipad 2/ipod touch 4 (phones, we are just waiting for iphone 5).

We need one more ipad 2 :D

8. gorskiegangsta macrumors 65816

gorskiegangsta

I purchased the 2011 13'' MBP about 6 weeks ago (my first Mac laptop btw:cool:) and I am planning to also get an iPad by September. I used my friend's and it is just... well, a really good experience. I plan to use the laptop for work & school and I'll use the iPad for general web browsing, books/news/magazines, entertainment (iTunes, Netflix, games), etc.. I figure it should extend the life of my MBP as well because I expect to use it less once I get an iPad.

9. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

I have a 2011 MacBook pro 15 inch and the iPad 1.... I use the iPad mostly for reading books and listening to podcast, and MBP for everything else. You can't beat the iPad for portable reading. I think you should keep them both. :D

10. kdoug macrumors 6502a

kdoug

I sold my iPad 2 and purchased the MacBook Pro. It's not about money, it had more to do with justification. I will forever miss some of the games on my iPad but that's about it. Netflix looks way better on my MacBook.

11. dizzy130 macrumors member

I have a white MB and an iPad. They get used for different things...MacBook is for schoolwork, ripping DVDs and hosting my iTunes library, mostly. iPad is for browsing on the couch, reading books, and traveling.

I wouldn't give either of them up, but I am considering getting an iMac instead of a MBP later this year when it's time to replace the aging MB. I like the flexibility of being able to bring a real computer to the coffee shop or to class, though, so I'll probably go with a 13" MBP.